700 700dfc

PHIL1234

i have gone into dir mode on 3gx my blades are at 0 degrees of pitch at middle stick, for pitch i have done -+12 for elevator i have done -+10 but my aileron -+7 i dont know whats happened that has never happened befor
my swashplate is level, the swahplate is in the middle of its travel, i can`t understand why my aileron is so low.

PHIL1234

700 dfc

i have my blades at 0 degrees at midstick, the pitch of my blades is -/+12, my elevator is -/+10 but my aileron is -/+7 i can`t understand why this has happened my swashplate is level and in the
middle of its travel, any help would be appreciated

Lee

I merged your threads Phil, to keep all your questions in the same place.

I'm not a 3GX guy, so can't help with settings.
But was it different before?

Lee

I don't take the readings of my cyclic travel limits with the Ikon.
There is a menu that allows you to adjust it. I adjust it to the maximum I can without any binding issues.
How this is done in the 3GX, one of the guys flying those will enlighten you i'm sure.

PHIL1234

i eventually got it sorted out thanyou for your help, but now i have clicking noise on one of my servos which are all hv servos, is this normal or is there something wrong as i have never used hv servos befor.

thanks phil

Lee

How did you fix it Phil? Just so others reading this can learn from it too.

The servos making a Buzzing/clicking noise, is normal. All digital servos make a constant noise, as they are continuously adjusting to keep centred.
As long as they turn smoothly by hand, they should be fine. If they click when doing this, then the gears could be damaged.

Keep and eye on them, and check after flying whether they are getting hot. This would be a sign of something dodgy going on.

Last edited:

PHIL1234

The first thing I did, i downgraded the align 3gx to 3.1, and after a reset of everthing it was a little better, but i took measurements of all my links from the dfc head to the servos and the elevator was a tiny bit smaller than the pitch and aileron links
as soon as i got them all the same size it went right, i could not believe something small like that could make the elevator and aileron so different, but now i have +/- 11 pitch and +/- 9 elevator/aileron. I took it for it`s first flight today and it flew fantastic, the next chance i get i will make a video and post it on this thread, i have added a photo of this 700e dfc beast.20140728_203204.jpg20140815_000237.jpg

20140728_203204.jpg

20140815_000237.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Is the 250 going to take a ride on the 700? lmao. Great looking bird and glad you got it flying correctly.

PHIL1234

thanks tony i will put a video on as soon as possible, and as for the 250, i have just built that one so the grand total of helicopter to date is.

ALIGN 700E DFC HV
ALIGN 600E
ALIGN 550 DFC
ALIGN 500 FLYBAR
ALIGN 450 PRO
ALIGN 450 V2 AIRWOLF
ALIGN 450 FBL
ALIGN DOMINATOR 6S
ALIGN 250 PRO DFC
THUNDERTIGER E325 MINI TITAN WITH FLYMENTOR

HOBBYKING 450 V2 PRACTISE 3D (CRASHED AND REBUILT 4 TIMES)

PHIL1234

Thanks Tony i am very happy with it, only one little problem i have done the throttle endpoints for the castle 120hv esc, it tells you have to do this for initial setup in the instruction leaflet you get with it, then it tells you to turn your transmitter on and put the throttle at mid stick. and then plug your li-po`s in which i do th esc will remain disarmed untill throttle sees zero throttle, but everytime i turn my heli off i have to set throttle endpoints again.

PHIL1234

well you have to have low throttle on my setup on 121 and high throttle on 108 and now the esc now sees zero throttle at low stick, so i started it up at mid stick and when i am ready to fly i moe the throttle to low stick and the esc syncs withe the motor and rearms

- - - Updated - - -

i am using align 3gx v3.1 and its as steady as a rock.

cml001

I kno nut'n bout 3GX.. I know I set endpoints in iKon when using it's gov instead of the ESC... But the BX & CC on the 450 I did same as u as far as calibration goes.. It won't arm until it sees "0" throttle as u say... But to calibrate I use full throttle then plug it in.. Set the # and move to low.. Set the # and it's armed..

PHIL1234

the 3gx is very underated it `s a brilliant fbl gyro, very easy to setup, i am using the gov mode on the esc, i now know why it was`nt arming i have the Dx7s tx and when you go into the travel setup, and high and low travel have to be at 0, then i had to move the throttle to high stick plug the battery in then move the throttle until the esc beeps and my high throttle was 108, then i had to unplug the battery and move the throttle to low stick and do the same as i did with high stick, and on the dx7s it has to be below the line befor the esc will see it as being at 0 throttle.

Top Bottom