7.2 nimh 2000 mAh to 3s lipo 2200mAh rc truck

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have a 2wd Helion Conquest 1/10th truck that I turned into FPV batch_IMG_1265.JPG . I've heard that I can use a 3s lipo on this truck and it will make it bogie. So I did :). I haven't tried it out yet but it was fast enough with the 7.2 but I want to see what 3s will offer. It does have a 40a esc on it. Shouldn't over heat if I don't bash it to bad :).

Tony

Staff member
As long as the electronics can handle the extra voltage (amperage will actually go down at higher voltage), then you should be just fine, and yes, it will fly with 3s. That tiny little wheelie bar is all but useless now lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tony. Thanks for the information. I'm not sure if the electronics can handle it. I will find out :). Just in case, what would be a good esc and motor combo? The combo I have now it's a 40a Ikoknik and a stock 550 motor. Both brushed. I wouldn't mind a brushless combo...I think :search:

Tony

Staff member
I have one of the Castle combos that I ran on 2s, but can be run on 3s, although I don't know anyone that would want to do something like that. It's stupid fast on 2s already lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have one of the Castle combos that I ran on 2s, but can be run on 3s, although I don't know anyone that would want to do something like that. It's stupid fast on 2s already lol.
Just to have :tongue:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I don't mind spending that kind of money on my birds but not on this cheap ground and pound. I put FPV on it because I had spare setup laying around.

Blade 400

I have a 2wd Helion Conquest 1/10th truck that I turned into FPV View attachment 23627 . I've heard that I can use a 3s lipo on this truck and it will make it bogie. So I did :). I haven't tried it out yet but it was fast enough with the 7.2 but I want to see what 3s will offer. It does have a 40a esc on it. Shouldn't over heat if I don't bash it to bad :).
Nice Truck D.O.G. :thumbsup: Do you have any video footage for her?
I have a fleet of Heli`s that I love, but I want to get into Planks (as Randy calls them) sometime and this Truck appeals to me too!

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Blade 400. I love my helis too but it's nice to switch around. I do have a plank but it's a motorize foamie which I enjoy to fly. Shoot... ANY rc is fun to fly, drive :).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You are so right about stupid fast :stupid: That 3s is to much. I have both connectors so I'll just go back to the 7.2 niMh but have the 3s for $#@! & giggles. I can do a long wheelie. I need to take it to the park. Their I have plenty of room to see how long I can go on 2 wheels :lmao:

Top Bottom