Batteries 6S Setup....1 lipo and 2 lipo

Derek

I have a 6S build but im running two packs in parallel. If i wanted to, i could just connect 1 lipo to the parallel harness and still get full operation, right? I'd just be limited to the capacity of one pack, instead of both....right?

Smoggie

Yes, plus of course you would be limited to the maximum amp output of the single pack, rather than the combined output of two.

Dennis H

Your mAh's would be cut in half, that's all.

Sometimes I will take 4-8000mAh 22.2v batteries, hook two of them up parallel, then take the two parallel packs and hood them up in series!

I end up with two 22.2v 16,000mAh packs (parallel), then I take these two packs and hook them up in series.

This gives me an end result of 44.4v's, 16,000mAh packs (series), then I have a pretty good bit of power sitting in my 1/4 scale. It's heavy, but the COG is right. If it wasn't, I think I would be burning up a few Servo's and no telling what else. I leave a LiPo meter permanently hooked up to hopefully give me a hint if something is going wrong, plus I land about every 4 minutes or so just to check it. Nothing has ever overheated, so I guess I am OK for the moment.

It has it's good and bad points, but I like flying without having to change batteries all the time.

I also have a bunch of 5000mAh 22.2v batteries. I might get creative and make even a bigger one, like one 44.4v (8 batteries) 40000 mAh battery packs.

Each side would have 4 batteries 2 @ 10000mAh, series to another 2 = 22.2v 20000mAh batteries, one side.

Put another 4 on the other side, gives a total of 8 5000mAh 22,2v batteries totalling 22.2v 20000mAh batteries.

Hook both up in series should produce one pack rated at 44.4v with 40000mAh's. I would carefully wire these up including soldering, plus have my DVOM (Digital Volt Meter) handy at all times. I rebuild LiPo's which I don't recommend anyone doing, it's dangerous. I have worked around them all of my life. but this statement really doesn't mean anything as there is always a first time.

Oh well, I was excited searching this and sharing, any questions, let me know.

If you have time, look up the YouTube Video's of the Tesla battery setups. This is very similar as to what I use to do. Just don't try it on your own. I also use to teach to hazards of modifying these batteries, plus I held safety classes for vehicle emergency classes if they were involved working a major wreck on a Battery Operated Vehicle. The will KILL you quick. We use to wear 14000 volt gloves when getting close to these batteries. There very potent. I will be happy to answer any questions (NON Technical) related.

I love it, but it's dangerous. I have made some pretty potent batteries using computer 18650 size batteries. The Chinese make electric bicycles with these batteries and small motors. It works wonders for them. Of course if you made $3.80 a week, I guess you would find ways to save money. FWIW, a person with a Electrical Engineering Degree is lucky to get a job in China making $400.00 per MONTH. Yes, look it it, the info is out there.

Top Bottom