Batteries 6S Lipo battery not finish charge cycle

totoheat

Hello Guys

I have test my Trex550 yesterday and use all batteries within safe limits but when I try to charge one of them its almost conclude the 4.20 but after more of 1.20 hours never complete charge cycle its around 4.19 4.20 but it never ends

Could I consider this battery damaged or I may doing something wrong

All help very much appreciated

Angel

Slobberdog

time depends on the amps you use to charge, so what size battery and what charge rate you charging at,

EyeStation

It might just be the charger seeing the numbers changing from 4.19 to 4.20 and back between the cells and does not consider them Balanced yet. Do they still take on mA's when doing this?
After the battery is at that level, take it off the charger and let it sit for a few minutes and toss a meter on the cells and see if any drop noticeably. A lower cell might show a pack is on its way out.
If they all stay up at the 4.17 to 4.20, I think it is just a fluke of those non-settling numbers.

totoheat

The battery size 6S 4500 mha 25-50C and I was charging at 3.0 amps actually when I start to charge it it shows an error and I remove the charger and use it with rest so after 4 hours I try it again and it past the 4.15 to 4.18/20 for almost an hour so I decide to leave rest all night so I restart charge process but in menu of charger shows 4.20 V all cell's but it just not finish with normal beep

I have charged only 18 cycles

Angel

Slobberdog

3 amps on a 4500 mah cell is gonna take considerably over an hour, and the balance part of the process which is the end segment can take a while,

I would suggest taking the amps up to 4.5 and see how that goes,

wolfman76

I think i might have had a similar situation but my issue was that my power supply was not putting out enough power kept giving me an error and shutting down

Top Bottom