500 6250hx From Hh

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I set this up for a newbi friend. Its the new 6250HX from Horizon and Spektrum. Flys real nice and now he wanted to set up the safe mode. Im a bit scared to try it. Does this look normal? I did all the leveling just like they say to with a bubble level.

Tony

Staff member
I cannot tell from what direction that video was facing, but if we are in the front looking back, it is likely the gyro trying to auto compensate for the take off drift that all of these helicopters have. What happens when you pick it up after switching into the correct flight mode, and tilting in the same direction that the swash is going?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
It still seems to want to tilt right. The videos from the front. The manual wants you to set it up to work with the FM switch which is what we have in the video. We just tried to put safe on a separate switch and it doesn't tilt like that what you select it. Strange...

Tony

Staff member
I have had gyro's do this as well, and it did worry me. However, when I just said "YOLO", and put it in the air, everything was fine and it was stable. Not saying that is how your experience is going to go, and I would use extreme caution putting it in the air (be ready to flip out of that mode), but may want to try it.

Basically, from my experience, the gyro is expecting a movement, the helicopter is not moving, so it keeps adding pitch just like the tail does in HH mode.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
That makes sense, may just get some altitude and try it. I was kind of thinking in the air it would be different but I have to test it for him...... lol

Top Bottom