ESC 600 ESC shuts down under load

Ken Jackson

This heli has had electrical problems. basically the ESC shuts down moments into flight and just as you load the motor. The ESC, voltage regulator and receiver have been replaced with the same results. Pilot got good at auto rotation because of this problem. Any thoughts regarding this problem?

600 ESC Shuts Down - YouTube

pvolcko

Motor may be damaged resulting in unreliable back EMF signal to the ESC. Motor pole or maybe the wiring maybe in a near-short? Under load there would be more voltage and current so the ESC may be tripping out as a safety measure. Bad solder on one of the motor leads or battery leads, resulting in power drop out/brownout under load?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
This heli has had electrical problems. basically the ESC shuts down moments into flight and just as you load the motor. The ESC, voltage regulator and receiver have been replaced with the same results. Pilot got good at auto rotation because of this problem. Any thoughts regarding this problem?

600 ESC Shuts Down - YouTube

Ok.. So esc quits under load... And you have replaced voltage regulator esc and rx with no result ... What esc is this? Does it by chance have logging capabilities ... Where you can read the log of what is happening ....

Have you calibrated the throttle end points on the esc?

And can you tell the model names of the esc , motor, voltage regulator, and the batteries you are using here, just so we know what we are dealing with :)

I bet that trained you well at autos! Lol nothing like having to deal with it and perform when something really goes wrong! Lol had that happen to my nitro when I leaned it too much and burned an engine 20 ft from the ground inverted @_@

*****Moved this to the forum where people can help you solve this .. ****

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

What ESC is it? What is the Voltage cutoff set to? If its a Castle, what is the current sensor set to?

Tony

Staff member
LVCO is what I was thinking as well. And it seems to be a pretty harsh setting that just cuts the power.

stokke

Lee had a similar problem on the CC ESC. I see he's already inquired about the detalis.

Top Bottom