General +6 Degrees of positive collective pitch at mid-stick

mooserider

Hello. I had to replace the upper linkages for my Trex 450 (from the swash to the blade grips). This is for the Pro DFC Flybarless 3GX Trex. The new ball links are a tad longer than what came with the kit, and I think that's the main cause (though they're stronger than the originals). The replacements are from Align, it's just that I have a much older kit (v1).

I should also note that the swash is really leveled well already, arms are at 90 degrees, and the those top linkages to the blade grips are already as short as possible.

My question is, how should I adjust for this to get 0 degrees at mid-stick. I'm guessing, either I shorten up all three of the cyclic servo linkages, or by adjusting the swash mix on all three servos in the Tx (currently all set to 60%).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks and I really appreciate your time.

Admiral

I would go back to basics and adjust the Cyclic Links so that the mechanical setup is as close as possible to perfect before you do any Tx adjustments.

mooserider

Ok, I tightened all of the cyclic servo arms by 5 turns and that put it pretty much spot on, within + or - one degree. The floor I leveled it on has -1 degree of tilt... I'm not sure if I should account for that with sub trim or not. The pitch could be off as much as 2 degrees, so I guess I should.

Thanks for the help Admiral. Much appreciated! Now I need to go redo the 3GX setup.

Top Bottom