General 55mm blades

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I would like to know if I have the same size and shape prop but one prop has a bull nose, "I think you call it that" and the other prop doesn't. Will that little weight difference make the prop unbalance? The bull nose is located on the center of the prop were the motor shaft sticks into the prop. Does this make sense :confusion:

Tony

Staff member
Can you post a picture of what you are talking about? Because I have no idea. Bull Nose is the flat ended props on the outside.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I knew I should of post a pic. It didn't make sense to me either. Here you go IMG_1175.JPG See how the prop on the left has a roundness in the center of the prop and the one on the right doesn't.

Tony

Staff member
The one on the right is going to provide a bit more lift than the one on the left. They are also slightly louder. I would not use those two together if it were me, but if just testing, might be worth a go.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Not use the two together, Thanks Tony. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I'm in the process of testing out the 65mm props on the whoop now. I'm killing time while my heli batteries are charging for this afternoon at the park flight. I had to paint the whoop a different color then black. Had problems losing the little sucker in the woods "Making a track" so I wanted to paint the quad orange but the color wasn't available so pink was the choice. I don't think so but you tell me? IMG_1176.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Anything is better than black when you are flying in the woods. Might also want to solder on a beeper to that board that will go off when you disarm the quad. I have lost these friggin things in my front yard lmao. Flat ground and they just disappear. Had to use the FPV goggles to find the friggin thing. Thankfully the camera was not facing down.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tony. You are so right about these tiny whoops just disappear right in front of your eyes. I had to use my service dog the other day to run around the woods til I can see him through the goggles in order to fine the whoop :chuckles:. I'm not liking the pink look so I got some orange paint. I'm not sure how to take the old paint off. Rubbing alcohol doesn't work. Can anyone recommend what to use? :anyone:Gasoline maybe :confused1:

Tony

Staff member
Thinner or sandpaper. Just be careful of the thinner, it melts plastic. Same thing with acetone, methyl ethyl ketone and everything else I use lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony. Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. The plastic melting. I tried this stuff call "Goof" and nothing. I'm just going to leave it the same color and trim it out with white paint and call it good.

Tony

Staff member
If I were you, I would just sand it with some 400 or some red scotch brite, prime it and paint it whatever other color you want. Florescent Green like the Goblin is highly visible.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I will do that next time I have her apart. I do like the florescent green color but there's so much green around us that I have a better chance locating the little sucker being painted orange. Even though I'm flying close to the home I'm still thinking about a tracking device on it. A small light one that I can use on my phone. Just a thought!

Tony

Staff member
It's more of a yellow really, but I think they call it green. Can't remember, been a long time since I sprayed that color.

Top Bottom