600 550 Maiden Flight!

DAL2855

Banned
I got this bird into the air several times this evening! Only got to shoot one video though! But it's flying alike a dream for a clone! Man I love this bird!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I thought you still needed a pinion? No matter, looked pretty good in the air. Did you land it at the end? Little out of frame.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I landed it, you could just barely see the blade tips in frame, but I cheated just a little to get it into the air! used just a small piece of black tape around the shaft of the motor so the pinion would fit good! Not gonna really fly it until the new pinions arrive!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I just wanted to get the bird into the air this evening! I am keeping a very close eye on it every flight!

Tony

Staff member
I have to agree with Jesse on this one. I hate having to use a 3.18mm pinion on a 3mm shaft with a very slight wobble. I would never use tape though. Just asking for it to slip and cause a crash.

DAL2855

Banned
It doesn't have any wobble to it at all I checked it before reinstalling the motor, and if it slips, I can just do an auto! This thing has really good autorotation characteristics. And I'm not taking it up very high or flying very fast at all with it until the new pinions do arrive and I get them installed.

Top Bottom