Projects 500 fuselage

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone :wink: I'm getting ready to replace some of my electronics on the 500 and give her a face lift :biggrin-new:.
I remember URI adding a boom cover to his X3 and mentioning that the cover maid his X3 tail heavy :thumbsdown:. So I was wondering if I put this Fusuno Monster Speed Fuselage T-Rex 500 (E Pro/ E Pro DFC) on my 500, would that make the 500 tail heavy also :puppy_dog_eyes:? Before I spend $100.00, I would appreciate some reply, please!:dunno:

trainrider06

myself Ivan I don't like the tail boom covers on the Align helis, Gaui's or anything other than the Goblins, that were not made for em.
Thats my opinion of course, and it don't count. As far as the weight deal, well if it does and it would seem that when you add mass to the rear that it would add at least some weight to the tail. Just simply get ya some of those weights they put on a car tire or you can pick up strips of them at the hobby store to balance it out. There is usually room in the nose to add them if needed or you can probably add them under the battery tray also. I have an old SR Huey that I had to add weight to the nose of it, I simply have a dedicated pack that has the weights stuck on that battery for it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
myself Ivan I don't like the tail boom covers on the Align helis, Gaui's or anything other than the Goblins, that were not made for em.
Thats my opinion of course, and it don't count. As far as the weight deal, well if it does and it would seem that when you add mass to the rear that it would add at least some weight to the tail. Just simply get ya some of those weights they put on a car tire or you can pick up strips of them at the hobby store to balance it out. There is usually room in the nose to add them if needed or you can probably add them under the battery tray also. I have an old SR Huey that I had to add weight to the nose of it, I simply have a dedicated pack that has the weights stuck on that battery for it.

Thank you Rodney for your opinion. It does count to me or I wouldn't be asking for opinions:twothumbsup:. On the other hand...That does make sense, weren't made for them. :dunno: You got me thinking now. Back to the drawing board Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That is sweet PLANETGETOLOW. I'll have to sleep on this one. I do like that Monster fueslage. Decisions,decisions!

Thank you Rodney for your opinion. It does count to me or I wouldn't be asking for opinions:twothumbsup:. On the other hand...That does make sense, weren't made for them. :dunno: You got me thinking now. Back to the drawing board Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That is sweet PLANETGETOLOW. I'll have to sleep on this one. I do like that Monster fueslage. Decisions,decisions!
That Monster canopy is SICK.......you wouldn't regret it and for $99 you can't beat it. I think it makes the machine more rigid and stable to be honest. It takes a minute to get used to the looks but completely transforms the 500, or any other heli.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeahhh, that canopy is sick looking.... SOLD!:biggrin-new: The 5th of Nov. is our 8yrs anniversary and it's a gift from my better half :kiss: she said. :)

trainrider06

I remember that heli there PGL, it is sharp for sure, and your right I bet the visibility is much improved. Yes I am sorta a purist type, but not to the point of wanting to cut down on other people and what they like. So it's all good :)
I wonder though if people felt weight difference if a rear servo or FBL controller made a difference? I wouldn't think that they would affect it or be that far apart as far as weight goes....or maybe they had weight and balance issues before hand.....

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I remember that heli there PGL, it is sharp for sure, and your right I bet the visibility is much improved. Yes I am sorta a purist type, but not to the point of wanting to cut down on other people and what they like. So it's all good :)
I wonder though if people felt weight difference if a rear servo or FBL controller made a difference? I wouldn't think that they would affect it or be that far apart as far as weight goes....or maybe they had weight and balance issues before hand.....

I was just thinking, not being a smart ass but if I can use my KST 215 servos on my 450 and X3, that's some weight difference on the servos so goes with me using AR7300BX on the 500 which can be used to a 800size, so I thought the weight shouldn't make that much of a difference on the servos or FBL unit if the heli is balance, right. That's why I was asking, I am so confuse so See... Everyone's opinion does counts :)

lol, you've been with me through most of them.

Lol yeah I reckon so, you broke my heart when you sold some of em! Lol

I have two more coming this week...........oh lawd

380 and a 500

I'll probably either sell the 500 for pretty cheap or use it to experiment with 3D and if it goes in, it goes in. It's an older Protos

Top Bottom