General 500 class helicopter visibility colors

Derek

I've got a project that I'd like to get started on soon (details will be shared later on). I'd just like to ask, for a 500 class helicopter, what colors do you find most visible? I want this project helicopter to stand out and say "BAM!"...."HERE I AM!!!"

What colors or color mixes do you all like to see?

Smoggie

Large blocks of bright colours (high vis fluorescents are probably best IMHO but any bright colour is ok) with strong contrast between top and bottom of the canopy is what works best for me.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
All the bright colors are fine but I've notice when I fly nose in from a distance, the make believe windshield color is important. Bright colors works fine vs the smoke or dark color windshield. It's hard to see. Just an opinion.

Smoggie

Of the canopies I've tried this is the one that I've found best for orientation:
FUC-HV7005d.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Of the canopies I've tried this is the one that I've found best for orientation:
FUC-HV7005d.JPG

That's very nice Smoggie. I'm still waiting on my canopy to arrive from Thailand. I should be able to see it very well from all direction, I hope.

Derek

Cool! Thanks for your opinions, guys! Hopefully I can begin my helicopter project within the next few months.

trainrider06

I have to admit, after seeing the flight video of that it was hard to miss that in the air....even looked around at some pink canopies! :)

Derek

This project that I have in mind will be a modified Align Trex 500 Dominator, so it's not gonna be as big as the heli canopies above.....so...visibility is going to be a MUST. After reading the above comments, it sounds like neon/fluorescent colors are going to work.

Thanks for your time, guys! I'll post info and details on this build when I get started on it later this year.

Topgun73

hk550 canopy.jpg This is what I went for, I have also painted my tail fins fluorescent orange and fluorescent yellow taped stripes on my boom.

hk550 canopy.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That came out real good. I don't have that kind of talent to paint so I ended up ordering mine :(

The speed canopy cor the 500 is awesome. Some like it, so e dont but as far as visibility, you can see all orientations. Otherwise i need the tail to be very visible. Similar to planes i like the top and bottom of the main rotor to be different colors

Top Bottom