450 450X uncommanded nose left, tail right-- beastX WAS all gooda until today. need fix

Wolf714

no worries w/ my 450X thanx to a great setup by a fellow renderer here- 'coolgabsi'

today, powering up & flying for the first time after a month or so, upon liftoff the nose immediately drifts left; tail goes right. not terrible -- but very unusual considering the typical rock steady of the beastx AR7200 setup, which has been 100% gooda since I bought it, & even after I crashed it & rebuilt

I tried a factory reset, I also re- bound the heli w/ my DX6i

still, I get the slow- spin, to the left

I can fly 'as is' -- but obviously, something is wrong & I have no idea how to adjust this malfunction

SOS

!!

Wlf

Tony

Staff member
Re: 450X uncommanded nose left, tail right-- beastX WAS all gooda until today. need f

Are you sure your gyro is in HH mode, and not rate mode?

Wolf714

Re: 450X uncommanded nose left, tail right-- beastX WAS all gooda until today. need f

Are you sure your gyro is in HH mode, and not rate mode?

yes. DX6i gyro is in rate mode, stock setting 77

this just happened out of the blu, no prior issues. I made sure the tail blade pitch is good.

somehow a ghost is haunting the beast ?!

I have full control of the rudder with control inputs, but what I have from takeoff is a slow, uncontrolled pirouette, unless/ until I compensate w/ the left stick

what used 2b a perfect hover is now a left- hover- spin!

- - - Updated - - -

yes. DX6i gyro is in rate mode, stock setting 77

this just happened out of the blu, no prior issues. I made sure the tail blade pitch is good.

somehow a ghost is haunting the beast ?!

I have full control of the rudder with control inputs, but what I have from takeoff is a slow, uncontrolled pirouette, unless/ until I compensate w/ the left stick

what used 2b a perfect hover is now a left- hover- spin!

I guess the troubleshoot comes down to physical tail setup or electronic problem

?

EyeStation

Wonder if your tail servo got knocked up or down on the boom or if there may be a bad tooth or two in the tail servo that shifted your center point?

Tony

Staff member

If your gyro gain is at 77%, then yes, you are in heading hold mode. You do NOT want to be in Rate mode when you are flying. that will cause what you are having. The other thing is, make sure when you plug that helicopter in, you do not touch it until you see the swash move to let you know teh gyro is initialized.

What I like to do is set two different settings into the gyro. The top switch setting, or position 0 I will set above 50%, or in heading hold mode. You say you are running 77% and that is great if you can keep it that high. The second position on that switch, position 1, I will set to 35%. This is Rate mode. When I initialize my helicopter and the gyro, I will let it do it's thing, move it into position, then I will flip into Rate mode, then back into heading hold mode.

What this will do is make sure your tail blades are straight and ready for the take off.

Make sure you have not bumped in any trim into the rudder as well.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Tony

Staff member

Wonder if your tail servo got knocked up or down on the boom or if there may be a bad tooth or two in the tail servo that shifted your center point?

The center point of a servo will never change since the outdrive gear is connected directly to the pot that determines center. Just a little FYI :biggrin1:

pvolcko

Did you accidentally bump some rudder trim into the Tx?

Ooops., just saw that Tony mentioned that just above. :)

Top Bottom