450 450se v2 set up

Slobberdog

Hi all, bought a trex450se v2 used but fully loaded, so all I have had to do is route some wires move an esc, and install a rx/tx system.

Got my mitts on my tx today, nice shinny new DX6i. So have put the rx in and done initial set up on the tx and binded them, then I thought I would check all the things Tony went through and I think I got all that right, but will have to look at the tail set up and gyro set up again just to make sure.

Plugged my motor in and found I had a little throttle on low stick, think I have to set end points with my esc next, will have to read up on the instructions for that first though.

Kev.....

Lee

To get your ESC end points. Turn on the Radio, put throttle to high stick. Plug in the heli (blades removed for safety) You will hear a DIDDLE DEE sound, immediately lower the throttle stick. Then you will hear beep beep beep for the cell recognition. Your done :D

Tony

Staff member
Congrats on the heli. As Lee stated, it's that easy to set the endpoints in the ESC. If there is anything else that we can help out with, just post up. That is a great heli as I have flown one that I helped repair for a guy. It was WAY more stable than I thought it was going to be. Just make sure to put some expo in it and lower that DR down. How much expo and DR do you ask? I tell everyone to start out at 70%DR and +35% Expo, but YOU have to make this your own number. For some, that may be too sluggish, for others, it may be too twitchy still. You just have to play with it. Everyone will have a different setting that they like.

Slobberdog

Esc done, thanks Lee was just as you said, lots of time saved.

Closer looking at the tail and I found a wee bit of play, we'll just under a mm or 1/32 ish on the tail drive shaft, it's moving in the case, is this norm as it does not quite allow consistent centring of the tail slider, at that point there is a bit of play in the control arm as its the old fork type not the ball link type, all in all ordered a new tail assy.

Joys of buying second hand.

Tony

Staff member
Joys of buying second hand.

lmao, tell me about it. Just read up on the RCH 600 and you will understand. It's been a nightmare. But, there will be a bit of play back there. The only way to truly test it out is to fly it. As for the fork type, that is coming back from what I'm seeing. I think Lee's Warp has that fork type, or is it the new Goblin 500 :thinking:. Can't quite remember off the top of my head, but one of the new ones is using it. So no worries there.

Slobberdog

Well had to order thread lock and some canopy grommets so I ordered a tail unit as well, lol. Needed the slider and control arm anyway as the play in that is due to it being nearly worn through control arm fork, will clean the whole thing up and oil it i think see if that helps the side to side movement, don't think it will do it in the air as it will have a force applied due to the pitch of the blades to hold it in one position, and the centring effect of the belt running.

Kev......

Slobberdog

Got my new tail box fitted lucky really went to clean the old one took the blade grips assy off looked at the shaft and it was bent slightly. Nice and sweet now,

image.jpg

Have slight wobble in main shaft as well so will order one next week as not in a rush to get this bird in the air.

Next job adjust rudder as slight drift.

Kev........

image.jpg

Slobberdog

well the not in a rush turned into well lets see what its like when i spool it up, little bit of vibe at low rpm but when up to mid stick seamed to go away.

so then came the training gear, now to get it light on the skids, man these are intimidating when high rpm, but got it hopping around nice and stable on cyclic and tail holding well after a bit of tinkering, short hover then, i got a little adventurous, lol.

but hey 5 mins out in the garden in temps around 0 degrees was enough for me..........

Kev........

Top Bottom