FBL Gyro 450L seems a bit "floaty" 3gx (v5 software)

kywildcats

Hey all. Finally got the tail on my 450L tuned to the point it feels solid and no wag. Next part of my setup is the collective response. It seems a bit "floaty" when flying around. Barely increase the collective and it VERY sensitive. That's the best word in how to describe it. I have looked in the software (3gx v5 by the way) and I have rolled over each setting and their explainations are very poor. Can someone assist me in what setting that can resolve this issue? Thanks!

Slobberdog

If the collective or cyclic is to aggressive or sensitive then use cyclic or collective dampening, start at say 20% and see how that is then take it up/down in small amounts until you find the sweet spot,

kywildcats

So I took both my collective and cyclic dampening to 25 from 0 and it flies totally different now. Feels so much smoother and more like my 550 DFC (with an ikon). I have to say, after additional tweaking tonight, my 450L with the 3gx rivals the feel of my 550 with iKon. Very impressed so far with the 3gx. So glad I decided to give it a shot rather than completely discount it out of the box.

If the collective or cyclic is to aggressive or sensitive then use cyclic or collective dampening, start at say 20% and see how that is then take it up/down in small amounts until you find the sweet spot,

Graham Lawrie

Glad to hear you are having success with the 3gx:) I never got mine to work:( changed to AR7200BX and never looked back:)

Top Bottom