450 450L Dominator 6S motor issue

CAMSS

I have a Trex 450L FBL 6S heli, a Futaba 7C Tx, and Futaba R617FS Rx.
I finished set up and working on the pit and throttle curves and found that my heli starts spinning up no matter where the throttle stick is positioned when all throttle curve values are set to 0 (5pt).

Ele, throttle, and pit are reversed. Swapped out the 3GX and ESC but problem still exist.

Admiral

Does it also spin up if you plug the battery in without the Tx being turned on ?

If it doesn't start looking at your settings on the Tx rather than the helicopter or reset the model and start again.

CAMSS

It doesn't spin up with the Tx off. I reset the Tx and from the get go the throttle spins up before I make any changes. The radio must be shot, don't know what else it could be. Been through Rx settings many times trying different combinations but no luck.

murankar

Staff member
If I am not mistaken futaba uses negative numbers for most settings. See if the throttle curves use negative numbers.

CAMSS

Yes, Ele, throttle, and pit are reversed. I can only set positive values in the throttle curve. The funny part is it worked while we lived in Tucson, AZ prior to moving to Las Vegas.

murankar

Staff member
I don't know futaba enough to troubleshoot you issue.

All I can say is double check your switches and make sure your assignments are correct. If your throttle is down all the way and set to zero the head should not spin.

Does this happen with throttle hold on?

CAMSS

With Throttle INH enabled, the motor wont spin. Disabling Throttle INH causes the motor to spin up.

Tony

Staff member
Futaba always has to be reversed on the throttle. Not sure why they do it this way, but every manual I read says to reverse the throttle first thing.

I would suggest trying to recalibrate your ESC. Turn your Tx on and raise the throttle all the way up. Then plug in the battery to the helicopter and you should hear a set of beeps. What beeps will depend on your ESC. Once you hear those beeps, lower the stick all the way and the ESC should initialize as normal. Hope this helps.

CAMSS

Futaba always has to be reversed on the throttle. Not sure why they do it this way, but every manual I read says to reverse the throttle first thing.

I would suggest trying to recalibrate your ESC. Turn your Tx on and raise the throttle all the way up. Then plug in the battery to the helicopter and you should hear a set of beeps. What beeps will depend on your ESC. Once you hear those beeps, lower the stick all the way and the ESC should initialize as normal. Hope this helps.

I've tried this method and the one in the 450L manual. I switched modes on my Tx so the throttle is on the right but no help. I think it's time to invest in a new Tx, Rx. I've always used Futaba equipment, but this T7C Tx has to be where the issue is. If I could get some feedback from fellow members on some of the other brands as far as set up, price?

Thanks,

Gary

Admiral

I have had great success with Spektrum started with a DX6i, then DX8 gen 1 had some early issues there but all fixed with fantastic support, now I have DX9 and love it.

murankar

Staff member
I have a spectrum DX6 ( black edition) and a vcontrol so I can't really help all that much. I wish I had more info for you.

CAMSS

We'll I just bought a Spektrum DX8 (SPM8800) with AR8000 from Ebay for $209, used "excellent condition". I'm not sure if it's a G1 or G2.

Comes with:

• DX8 Transmitter (SPM8800, Serial Number:HH205X)
  • AR8000 8-channel 2.4 GHz DSM2 receiver with data port
  • TM1000 Full-range telemetry module
  • Temperature telemetry sensor
  • Flight Pack voltage telemetry sensor
  • Telemetry Y-harness and leads
  • SD card
  • Custom DX8 neck strap
  • 12V DC power supply

Tony

Staff member
If it's silver and you can bend the antenna, then it is Gen 1. If it is black and the antenna is fixed, then it is Gen 2.

CAMSS

I received the DX8 G1. Very good condition. And here it comes, the throttle stick doesn't move all the way Full and 0 throttle. There are over 2 bars left at the top and bottom that the stick doesn't go past. Same with the elevator but only 1 bar top and bottom. Is this normal?

CAMSS

I received the DX8 G1. Very good condition. And here it comes, the throttle stick doesn't move all the way Full and 0 throttle. There are over 2 bars left at the top and bottom that the stick doesn't go past. Same with the elevator but only 1 bar top and bottom. Is this normal?

I saw the vid on here about the DX8 mechanical set up and it shows stop sticks on the throttle stick. In my case it limits the throttle travel by half. Is this normal for the DX8 to have that limited travel, unless maybe there installed incorrectly on this one.

Smoggie

Correct, there are 'wedges' installed that limit the stick travel on the throttle stick only. I removed them on mine because for heli flying I found the shorter travel range made collective too sensitive.

CAMSS

Correct, there are 'wedges' installed that limit the stick travel on the throttle stick only. I removed them on mine because for heli flying I found the shorter travel range made collective too sensitive.

I'm thinking about doing the same and remove them. I can't figure out why Spektrum installed them, why limit stick movement throttle or other wise. Thanks for the info.

CAMSS

Sorry for the questions. I can't find any information on the AR8000 Rx. It has Thro, Ail, Ele, Rud, Gear, and Aux 1, 2 ,3 slots. Not sure where pitch goes?

Top Bottom