Quad 450 X Quad (RE)Build

Stambo

I finally got my new frame yesterday (and a spare) as well as these.

NTM Prop Drive 28-26 1000KV / 315W (short shaft version)

Turnigy Multistar 30 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-4S

I flashed the ESCs with SimonK firmware, which was quite easy once I figured what hex file to use.
What a difference, on the bench anyway. I spun a motor up on the standard firmware and then another on the flashed firmware.
Calibrated the throttle on both and the simonk flashed one seems to be quieter and smoother.
Throttle response is also much quicker.

So I flashed the rest, bench tested and throttle calibrated them and fitted them to the quad.
Hooked up the KK2 and receiver, checked and corrected motor direction, fitted some props and spun it up in my lounge.
Seems quieter than before but one motor appears to be not running true and causing some vibrations.
Not too worried about that at this stage although I will have to fix it before I put the camera back on.
Not sure how yet but I'll figure it out.

So I did a test hover in my lounge.
Certainly more responsive to throttle and stick input, KK2 needs a bit of tweaking to get it to self level but I am happy.
It already seems more stable than my H quad "experiment" and from memory easier to keep in a steady hover than the previous X.

Will do some tweaking and some flight vids after work today if the weather permits.

Stambo

I flew this quad outside last night between showers and it's awesome. Sorry, due to poor light and bad weather I decided not to film it.
I don't know whether it's the SimonK firmware, the ESCs or the motors I have put on this thing but it is heaps better than the previous quad.
I had to tame down the yaw rate as it was so fast and beyond what I am used to.
I still have some more tweaking to do but so far I am real happy.
I will get some video as soon as the weather permits.

WyDiablo

Yea that's what I like about the quad that I built. The little puppy can really zippy throught the air fast. And it's just what I wanted to bang around with and tons of fun until I turned it into a yard dart lol. But it's all back together and reading to zip some more. I run Tiger MT2216-11 900Kv motors on 3S 5000 batteries with 10"-4.7 props.

Tasajara

The Flashed esc's will make a big difference... plus I have noticed that I got anywhere from 45 sec to 1.5 min longer on my flight times with the same set up and battery.
The throttle stepping is more precise and responsive with the flashed esc's.

Glad you got it all going...

Top Bottom