General 450 wobble

Hey guys , I have started to get a wobble , so I changed and replaced everything including the head , feathering shaft and main shaft as I assumed it was mechanical , ie something bent or worn , However when I test flew it the wobble was still there ? It baffled me and I had to leave it for a couple of days , this morning I tried again and the wobble was still there , finally I decided to lower the head spead as I had raised it prior to having the wobble but didn't make the connection ? It's flying great now but does anyone have any ideas as there surely is something wrong and how can I raise my head spead if it's going to shake and wobble ???

Tony

Staff member
What helicopter/gyro/Tx are you using? If this is a flybarless heli, then you need to lower your gains.

Tony

Staff member
Is this an aileron or elevator shake? Answering that one will tell you what pot on the gyro to adjust. I would hook it up to the computer and make sure both pots are set to about 105. I will bet you will find one of them is about 120 or so.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, in that case, I would just lower the Gain pot slightly (like a half hour) and try it again. If you are comfortable with idle up, do this testing at 100% throttle so that you can dial out the wag throughout the whole throttle curve.

Ok tony I will do just that and try it again in the morning , thanks again bro , I will let u no how it goes !

- - - Updated - - -

And am I right in assuming I should be lifting off in normal mode and then switching to idle up for flying ? And then landing in normal mode ?

Tony

Staff member
That is correct. Any time you are on the ground, you should have the lowest possible head speed.

Tony

Staff member
An auto can be done in any flight mode since it kills the throttle. Just remember what position you were in before you flip that switch to take off again.

Lee

It will depend on the pitch curve you have in normal mode.
autos need about -6º to work, but most people only have -1º or -2º set in normal.

Top Bottom