450 450 tail vibration

Lee

Guys, This is getting to be a real headache.
I have taken everything off one piece at a time to discover where the vibration is coming from. I took everything off the tail except the shaft. At certain rpm's you can see the shaft start to vibrate but very very small amount and only at about 1/3 throttle then it goes above 1/3. I have gone all the way back to the motor, taking one piece off at a time. The only thing i can think of left, is the motor is unbalanced. Shaft looks straight on the motor. Main shaft is straight and tail shaft too. All have been changed three time to make sure its not them. main gear replaced. Belt tention set at different tensions. Still have the same issue. Only thing left is to change the motor if you think that could cause the problem.
Check the video to see what you guys think.
Cheers Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Well after many hours of frustration i "think" i have tracked it down to the drive gear in the frame. It seemed smooth in my hand, bearings smooth, didnt look bent. But when touching various parts of the heli with a screwdriver at the worst rpm for vibration, it was most noticeable when touching the drive gear mount. So i have ordered the Align drive gear. Lets see what happens now :D

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I was going to ask you if you had a gear or belt drive. If belt I was wondering if you had the belt tight enough ... guess that is not the case, lol! I am still wondering if you have a bad bearing in there somewhere. I guess if the Align tail does not work, it's back to the drawing board? Let us know how it goes.

Lee

My first 450GT went together like clockwork. This one is fighting me all the way. But its not stock. Maybe if i had left it stock it would have been ok. But then again its the stock part i'm replacing. :D

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Fun is when you have it all together, running smooth, then you crash her and have to start all over again! LOL!

Lee

Tell me about it. I'm going to have to take a break. Its costing me too much and i'm not getting to fly.

Lee

Ok now i'm really fed up. I have change the drive gear, mount, main gears, tail. Everything bar the frame, and still its got the serious vibration!!!! My absolute last resort is that the motor is way out of balance. So i have ordered a new motor. If that doesn't work, i will be selling it for parts :(

Tony

Staff member
Take the pinion off and spin the motor up. That will tell you if the motor is out of balance. There has to be a reason. There is a reason for everything.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Take the pinion off and spin the motor up. That will tell you if the motor is out of balance. There has to be a reason. There is a reason for everything.

Ya something is not right somewhere. Or there is a fantom in there somewhere. Lol

Lee

This is the new drive gear mount. Turns out this was not the problem.
attachment.php

Took the motor off and checked the shaft. Hoping that this is the culprit.

Then i put it on my Funjet and that cleared things up. Scuffed on one side only.
attachment.php

100_2299.jpg

100_2303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
looks like the motor... :)

I am hoping I didnt annihilate my electronics.. in the last crash i had where i called 911 :(

Lee

As i had the 3200KV motor that burnt out on the Funjet. I took the shaft from that, and put it in the 3700KV motor. I have also discovered that the prop saver on my funjet is badly bent.

Top Bottom