450 450 Tail Upgrade?

stokke

So I'm finding my 450's tail is a bit weak. What tail blade upgrades are popular for these birds?

Main problem is that the tail gives out during big funnels.

Lee

Have you tried some carbon blades. They normally allow you to up your gains a bit. People have found that on the Warp, the 70mm stock blades don't allow you to have very high gain. So they are dropping to 61mm KBDD ones. I have a set coming this week.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I use KBDD plastic blades.. Stock blades did just fine. I had that problem happen to me but that was the 3GX not my hardware. The 450 pro tail is plenty strong even for a 6s setup

My tail used to give in too.. but now with beastx (till there is a hardware FALIURE :D) I never have a blow out. Even yesterday.. I did some really tight funnels, and it stayed put. And I run 100 percent flat throttle curve on my ID2 with a 45C pack

Last edited:

stokke

If I up the gyro gain on the stock blades, I just get a wag.

I can see the 3GX being the culprit, as the 600 on BX did funnels no prob - then again, the 600 has a much larger tail authority. I thought that maybe getting tail blades with larger surface area would maybe help? I don't know...

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I can go over my advanced settings again - see if there are anything in there that might help the tail.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah try some compensations and such ... Bigger tail diameter will demand lower gain, and the 3GX will give in again regardless when it gets to that "break point"

so try different settings tweak. if your tail is silky smooth, dont change anything there :)

Tony

Staff member
If you are doing the funnels or hurricanes in a CCW direction (looking from the sky down), then the heli is having to put full pitch into the heli to keep the tail pointing down AS WELL as countering the torque of the main head. I have found from looking at videos that if you do a CW funnel, it's not as taxing on the tail. But if your like me, CCW is the easiest way to do them. I have been practicing CW funnels, and I just can't seem to get into them as smoothly as I can CCW ones.

Also, your speed plays a LOT into this. If you are doing them slow, then you shouldn't have an issue. But going fast, you are going ot run out of pitch on yoru tail to hold it.

Top Bottom