450 450 Size Main Blade Comparision

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Here are the 3 sets of blades that I compared on three different helicopters. Al the blades are carbonfiber.
From Left to right;

Good
1 - I purchased these from a Ebayer in China for about $4 a set and I bought 5 sets. They were not to shabby and light weight

Better
2 - I purchased 3 sets of these. They are Carbon Heli blades for $10 a set. The heaviest set of all three.

Best/Awesome
3 - I purchased 3 sets of these. They are Align 325D's for $18 a set. The lightest of all.

View attachment 152

I put the full balance routine on them. I found the Center of gravity on each set and matched it on each blade. Then I balanced them on a blade balancer. The Align blades did not need any balancing at all.

I put a set of each on a EXI 450 V2 Belt, Align Trex 450 SE, and a Align 450 Pro V3 and tested them by looking for startup wobble and response to stick once in the air.

End result, You get what ou pay for, to me the Align blades out performed the others hands down and were the smoothest in every way.

One more tip;

Dont ever buy skid nuts again. I went to Lowes and purchased 2 foot of this for about $2,

View attachment 153

I cut off about 3/8 in for each skid nut I needed for all the 450's. The rubber is thicker and keeps the skids off the ground a little higher to prevent scuffing up the skids. It's a little tight geting them on so I used a little squirt of windex to slide them on.

Hope this helps and if any of you have any tips to help us out feel free to comment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom