450 450 pro 3gx tail pushrod length setup position?

Dizzle000

hey guys in sure this is somewhere on this forum but i cant seem to find it i am working on building my 450 pro 3gx in the manual it says not long the rudder servo rod is but what im trying to figure out is how long it should be to the middle of the ball links? also once the linkage rode is installed ,should the tail pitch be centred or should it be set up a bit to the left or right ?
i hope my post makes sence if not i will take a pic trying to point out what i meen.
thanks kyle

Tony

Staff member
Hey Kyle. there is no set length on the pushrod as some will have the boom pushed in further, some not as far. Basically, you will want the servo at 90º to the link, then adjust the link so that the slider on the tail shaft is perfectly centered on the shaft. this should give you right thrust (nose right, tail left). One way to test if you have it perfect is to put it into the head speed that you will be flying in and switch it into Rate mode. If the tail spins, find out what way and adjust the rod accordingly. if the heli doesn't spin, then it's setup perfectly. Of course this is after you build it.

Dizzle000

man that was a fast reply tony ,haha thanks im just getting the final touches done on putting this bird together then im gonna be going threw the 3gx setup. thanks again

john2012

Banned
Well i have a 450 pro 3gx and my tail lenght is at 345mm and i have the tail servo at 90deg and the tail is a 90 to the main shaft this made my heli full throw left and right.

Top Bottom