450 450 gyro location

bigwrench

Just purchased 450 Align. This unit was built but never flown. In the process of wiring in the gyro and looking at the location of it makes it nearly impossible to plug anything. Was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if so is there a fix ie: another location. As it is now you pretty much have to remove the landing gear and belly plate to access even just for programming let alone plugging in.

Any help is appreciated.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Welcome bigwrench. I have a 450 and most that do have 450 mount there gyro on top of the tail boom holder. Other choice would be the side of the frame. Just ideas.

Smoggie

There have been many versions of the Align 450 and many different FBL controllers and gyros. As D.O.G. say's usually the FBL/Gyro goes on the mounting plate above the tail boom mount, all the wires should reach that position. Some older types (with flybars) had the gyro on the bottom plate of the frame. Photos would be good so we know what you have

bigwrench

Welcome bigwrench. I have a 450 and most that do have 450 mount there gyro on top of the tail boom holder. Other choice would be the side of the frame. Just ideas.
I see that and that will work so where would the receiver mount then.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi bigwrench, I have (2) 450 size helicopters, one each FB &FBL. My FB's gyro is mounted on top of the tail boomer holder. On my FBL bird it's secured to the side of the frame. Important to remember is to: have a little slack in your wires so not to over stretch them. And double check all wires to ensure they are not rubbing against moving parts. I learn this the hard way.

Top Bottom