450 450 Drive gear.

Lee

Ok after finding the problem (I hope) is the drive gear, I ordered a replacement. Problem is, the drive gear come ready assembled. So you cant put the top mount on!!! And if you want to buy the spilt Align one separately you can't. You have to buy the complete hardware replacement kit for $55 just to get the one bit you need??? So now i need to order another one with all the mounts ready done, but it will have to be a clone as Align doesn't sell them either.
This 450 is never gonna get in the air.

Lee

Its a press fit. To take it apart i would need to buy a pinion gear puller. Which would cost as much if not more, and take just as long to arrive as ordering a new drive gear full assembly with mounts.
I will have one look around town tomorrow to see if anybody can help me remove it before buying a new one.

Tony

Staff member
can you post some pics of what you are talking about. I think I know, I just want to make sure.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is exactly how my 250 was, and I had to buy the gear, and the block seprate. One thing you cna do is cut the front of the race just enough to get it on there. Cutting the front (with the belt pulling it back) wont' cause any adverse effects. A simple hacksaw will do the job.

Tony

Staff member
I think I would have cut up the one that I had lol. But, that other piece looks good.

Top Bottom