500 450 dominator tail wobble

hello once again. Quick question, I have increased the head speed by 5% on both my 450 dominator and my 500 , for inverted flight. took two years to get there but finally made it!! Now back to the question, both heli's have developed a tail hold issue when in fast forward flight. Why and how to fix this situation. Owe yeah, dominator has a 3Gx flybarless and the 500 is a flybared heli.

Tony

Staff member
does the tail swing out or does it wag really fast? If a fast wag, just lower your tail gain down by 5%.

It wags its tail like my black lab when I get home from work. Is it just an accepted fact that when you increase head speed you should decrease the gyro gain?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is exactly right. Most people will set their gain to their F-Mode switch so that they can dial out the wag but still have the strongest hold possible.

It didn't take long to figure out why the tail shakes like an excited black lab. The gyro gain was set why high in F mode, its a wonder I didn't crash it up. Turned it down lower than normal flight and flew like a champ. Thx again for the help.

Top Bottom