450 450 align dfc head upgrade on sport v2

Tony

Staff member
Interesting, I have never had that issue with the hard dampers. And teh reason they are that hard is because of how that head works. They are pretty much solid so that you cna feel the helicopter better. With softer dampers, it will have a more tame feeling, but may make the helicopter drift slightly.

mart123

Wow thanks for that Tony. ..will give it a try tomorrow weather permitting now that I have sorted the Rx bind issue with the devo 10.

reb1080

I had a real issue with notchiness when I replaced the head on my 450 Pro V2. It turnes out that Align changed the feathering shaft and bearing set up when they came out with the 450L. The thrust bearings go in the blade holder before the roller bearing now. I had to upgrade the feathering shaft and thrust bearings. After that, the notchiness went away. Don't know if this has anything to do with your issue or not. Just thought I'd mention it.

Tony

Staff member
I had a real issue with notchiness when I replaced the head on my 450 Pro V2. It turnes out that Align changed the feathering shaft and bearing set up when they came out with the 450L. The thrust bearings go in the blade holder before the roller bearing now. I had to upgrade the feathering shaft and thrust bearings. After that, the notchiness went away. Don't know if this has anything to do with your issue or not. Just thought I'd mention it.

This is a great point. Thanks for posting it.

mart123

[video]https://www.facebook.com/mart.jones.98/videos/vb.100006634631395/1683430855221386/?type=2&theater[/video]
Oh, I want video of that too hahahaha
itried strappin to my head with an elastic band tony, but I coundnt see past the fone lol, anyway this is my trex sport v2 dfc upgraded with msh brain...will show you my black angel later ...hopefully....
hope this link works, otherwise I will upload to boobtube.

Tony

Staff member
That bird looked great mart! Now, you just need to stick a canopy on it and get to a bigger place to fly and you will be all set!

Top Bottom