450 450 3d And Dx6 Set Up List

Shayne Hagedorn

can anyone help me with the right set up list for new gen 3 dx6 and my blade 450 3d? I cannot find anywhere from anyone. Thanks happy flying

Tony

Staff member
Hey Shayne, welcome to RCH.

What is it that you are needing help with? In most cases, I would suggest not going by any "in the book" settings and actually come up with your own. I have many videos on how to setup a helicopter with the DX8 and the DX9 and the DX9 will also convert over to the DX6 if I'm not mistaken. Same program, just less switches and channels.

I guess the first thing is, is this a FBL helicopter of FB? If FBL, what gyro are you running?

Shayne Hagedorn

image.jpg This is an old 2012 product from blade this fellow had his son mess with all the settings and couldnt figure it out so i bought it for pretty much free!

Tony

Staff member
Just have to note this for anyone in the future. I can understand putting the Tx there for the picture, but it is definitely a bad idea. It can put stress fractures in the blades.

The first place I would start is with the head. In the video below I'm using my DX8 but the setup should be pretty much identical. This is a complete flybar head setup video that I shot a few years ago. In the video I used a flybar locking tool that I made myself (been getting a lot of questions lately on that thing lol) to lock the flybar in place. Definitely not required, but I had the acrylic and the nylon bolts so why not lol.

As for the tail gyro setup, that you are going to have to look at the manual. I have never programmed one of those, but it should be pretty straightforward.

Shayne Hagedorn

Lol i have all new parts on the way this heli is gonna be rebuilt from bottom up! If u notice in picture the blade is already stressed I appreciate the concerns and future no too’s

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. I just know if I didn't say anything some 'Internet Rambo' would come in here with his keyboard locked and loaded lmao. Been doing this too long I think lol

Top Bottom