406 Errors

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone. someone earlier today posted that they were having an issue in firefox with pages tossing out a 406 error. I was not able to replicate the issue on IE10 or Chrome, but the issue was once again brought to my attention, and I was, this time, able to replicate the issue.

If you get a 406 error, look at the URL bar. If you see a "%86" towards the end, delete it and the page will load correctly.

This is not limited to only Rc-Help's website. This is happening to a lot of other websites as well. It reminds me of the issues that we had with the facebook changes. It took me over a month to track that issue down, but rest assured, I will find the cause and fix it.

If you have seen this issue and/or have another error code to associate with this issue, post up. Just know that I'm working on it.

pvolcko

I tried the page I reported earlier in IE and did not see the rpobelm. In that case I believe %85 was a special char code for elipses or perhaps a period (reserved for domains and extensions, not generally found in the middle of a url). I've also seen them (different code) for apostrophes and other characters not allowed in standard URLs.

Tony

Staff member
Paul nailed it. It was the code for a comma that was in the URL. At the end of it, it had "...,". I removed the character and all is well. Very interesting.

Top Bottom