General 4 Chan. Coax on DX6i

RMB677

Anyone have any suggestions for setting up the DX6i for a 4 channel coax heli? It utilizes two servos and a 3 in 1 controller. I'm guessing that I would start with the 90deg. swash setting but where do I go from there? Especially of concern is if the "Proportional" can be set/adjusted on the DX6i since I can't get enough adjsutment on the 3 in 1 to tune out spinning.

RMB677

It's an E-sky E500, almost the same as thier Big Lama. I've already changed the 3 in 1 to the e-flite unit and have a Spectrum AR6115 ready to install. What started this all is the original E-Sky 3 in 1 caught fire about the time one of the granddaughters was starting to show interest and I like to get it flying again to encourage her.

Lee

Can you look at the Big lama manual and work out from there what plugs in where?

RMB677

The problem is not the connections between the 3 in 1 controller and the Rx. What I need are the setting to be used in the DX6i. The heli has came with a 6 chan. Rx (E-sky) and all I'll be doing is changing to a Spectrum 6 chan. Rx to be compatible with the DX6i.

Lee

I found this. It may help.

I run Lama V4 with DX7. Replaced E-Sky 4in1 in E-Flite 3in1 and Spektrum AR6100 receiver. I do not know why but it works much better than original. Only have to touch trims couple of times during one battery (comparing to having to trim all the time with original 4in1). If it helps you my Radio settings are the following:

Model ACRO (note! not HELI)
Wing type: FLAPERON OFF, V-TAIL OFF ja DELTA OFF

Servo reverse ELEV (3) ON ja RUDD (4) ON
Expo ELEV and AILE +12%

3319266678_472baf6276.jpg

3318435599_1d0c820b28.jpg

RMB677

Thanks Lee this is at least a starting point. I would not have expected using ACRO for the set up. It'll be a while till I have the time, and guts, to try the final change to the heli.

Tony

Staff member
I had another member saying to use ACRO, but I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS! It's a heli, use a heli setting. The only difference is, you are not using any swash mixing. I tried the acro setting on my mSR, and it was an unstable little bastage. Put it on the heli setting, and she calmed down.

Top Bottom