FBL Gyro 3gx

Falcon207

Hello,I am new to RC-Help so please treat me lightly......
I just converted my flybar helicopter to flybarless and I am using a 3gx,I downloaded the software on my PC.but when I tried to install I keep getting an error notice,can anyone please help.
Thanks.
Chas

Smoggie

Hi Chas,

Welcome to the forum. Where in the UK are you?

So i'm assuming that you are getting this error when you actually try to install the software onto your PC and that you hevent even got as far as plugging in the 3GX?
If that is the case then try installing the software as administrator. To do that; right click on the software icon and select 'Run as administrator' from the list that pops up.

The old 3GX is not much loved. They can work ok but can be quirky and frustrating, there are certainly much better options around these days. But you have it now so it's worth at least giving it a try.

Falcon207

Hello and thanks for the reply,Firist I live near Portsmouth(Gosport)I have the 3GX and I don't yet have the dongle so I think I will wait and try again later.
I must be mad as I only just started to fly helis. but I converted one to DFC.
But thanks again.
Chas.

Eggy 71

I just completed a 450L with the 3gx last month. My first complete build. It wasn't that hard and the guys here were a big help. It will be a piece of cake for you.

Smoggie

Hello and thanks for the reply,Firist I live near Portsmouth(Gosport)I have the 3GX and I don't yet have the dongle so I think I will wait and try again later.
I must be mad as I only just started to fly helis. but I converted one to DFC.
But thanks again.
Chas.

I might have a 3GX dongle laying around somewhere, so if you are stuck shout and i'll have a rummage. I cant guarantee it will still be working and I don't have a 3GX to test it on anymore, but if I can find it you are welcome to it.

I'd certainly advise against paying out anything more than a few £ for the 3GX dongle when you can get a 'Kbar' flybarless system for £22: Aliexpress.com : Buy Freeshipping 3Axis Gyro KBAR V2 5.3.4 PRO K8 Flybarless Stabilization System FBL 450 500 550 from Reliable k8 cpu suppliers on shop815281 store which is a lot better than the 3GX.

Falcon207

I might have a 3GX dongle laying around somewhere, so if you are stuck shout and i'll have a rummage. I cant guarantee it will still be working and I don't have a 3GX to test it on anymore, but if I can find it you are welcome to it.

I'd certainly advise against paying out anything more than a few £ for the 3GX dongle when you can get a 'Kbar' flybarless system for £22: Aliexpress.com : Buy Freeshipping 3Axis Gyro KBAR V2 5.3.4 PRO K8 Flybarless Stabilization System FBL 450 500 550 from Reliable k8 cpu suppliers on shop815281 store which is a lot better than the 3GX.

Thank you very much you very kind but I already ordered a dongle.
Thanks again.
I have to learn to take things slow.
Chas

trainrider06

Hi Chas, I think we all realize that when dealing with these heli's as far as taking it slow with them.
We'll jump from a fixed pitch to a CP usually when we are not really ready (me) learn expensive lessons by trying to fly the more expensive CP's when we may not be ready (me). Not understand proper setup and crash them into our car, into the ceiling of our garage, and just in general pound em into the ground as hard as we can (me). Some of us (me) seem to pick up slower on the proper flight of CP's, setting them up properly....
That 3GX system from what I have read and heard can be a very very difficult system! Personally I don't know, but just check over on the system in this forum the number of people that have had issue with this system and you'll get an idea of how difficult it can be. But please don't feel discouraged either by all I've said either, it can be done....we have a few members like Steve (Smoogie), Tony, and a couple more that do know and have successfully set that system up!
One thing is for sure though, you'll gain very valuable experience if you stick with it! I started CP with a Blade SR, a very difficult heli, and problematic due to substandard design. But I can actually fly the thing now, but it took me many many crashes with the thing, heck I still crash it from time to time because a tail motor or some part fails here and there. But it did help me through working on the dang thing all the time, to understand how critical setup is with these things! :).

Last edited:

Falcon207

Hello and thanks for the info.luckily that there are a lot of guys at RC-Help ready to offer assistance.Yes i think I started to learn to fly helis.too late I am getting on in years but it is a challenge.
Anyway thanks a lot.
Chas.

Tony

Staff member
Are you going to post a screen shot of the error? There are many errors with compatibility issues with the 3GX program. If not, cool, just trying to help.

Smoggie

Hello and thanks for the info.luckily that there are a lot of guys at RC-Help ready to offer assistance.Yes i think I started to learn to fly helis.too late I am getting on in years but it is a challenge.
Anyway thanks a lot.
Chas.
For those not in the 'first flush of youth' learning can be a bit slower, and you probably have to except that if you start late that you are never going to be world champion standard. But it is certainly possible to learn to fly so keep at it.

If it does still prove to be hard work there are flybarless controllers available these days that have built in 'self levelling' stabilisation. These make the heli very much easier to fly. The new MSH iKon2 (or MSH Brain2) and the Spirit (from 'Spirit System') are two good examples of such controllers that are reasonably priced.

trainrider06

Hey who cares how old ya are, as long as your having fun is what counts!
And by the way as Tony said when your having issues with things a video or picture of the problem goes a long way toward quickly solving issues!

Top Bottom