FBL Gyro 3gx With Dsmx Satellites And Dx8 Tx, Won't Bind.

Mark Dix

Hello all.
My name is Mark and I am new to the forum.
I have just got back into heli's after a 10 yr absence. I had a few modes!! Raptor 50, 70 an 90. Also various various. Now into electric. I have purchased 2 X DMSX satellites, but cannot bind to my DX8. Not sure what version my 3GX is on, still waiting for USB to be delivered. Could it be that it needs updating? Previous receivers were DSM2 because my mate had the Heli (T-Rex 500) before me and he used a DX7. My Euro version DX8.will only work on DSM8. Big learning curve for me now.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mark.

Tony

Staff member
I have to ask the obvious questions first.

You are plugging the bind plug in the lower bind port, correct? Are you sure the bind plug is good? If not, you can try another one to be sure.

When you apply power to the 3GX, do the receivers start flashing fast?

Can you get a solid light after binding?

Mark Dix

Yes got the bind plug in. Only the Satellites light up, flashing red. The actual 3GX doesn't light up, I guessed that it wouldn't until it was bound correctly?
I have even tried it a few meters away and a few inches, nether work.

Tony

Staff member
If they are flashing rapidly, then it should bind. Try going into your Tx and change it to DSM2 22ms and see if it works. And make sure to point the antenna away from the satellites as well as toward at different distances. I have seen some that want the antenna very close, like an inch and I have seen others that want it 10' away.

Mark Dix

If they are flashing rapidly, then it should bind. Try going into your Tx and change it to DSM2 22ms and see if it works. And make sure to point the antenna away from the satellites as well as toward at different distances. I have seen some that want the antenna very close, like an inch and I have seen others that want it 10' away.

Will try that. I had the TX set to 22ms, now set to 11ms. Will put it back.
Which is the best update to use, I see there are various. I think my GX3 will have an old version of the firmware because it's a few yrs old now.

Tony

Staff member
In my opinion, the ONLY stable version is 2.1. 3.1 likes to tip over on the ground so if you are not used to popping it up into the air before it completely spools up, do not use 3.1. version 4 has some tail issues and version 5 has even more tail issues, but some have them and some don't.

Matt

My 2 cents.. I had one of these and I was about 6 inches off the ground and the 3gx started to shake my heli until it crashed. I’d suggest letting this 3gx go and buy a Microbeast or an Ikon2

Top Bottom