FBL Gyro 3GX & TM1000, no lights on 3GX

Twinblades

My setup on the Align 500 DFC includes a 3GX Ver 4.0, satellite receivers, APS Lite and a TM1000. I just installed the TM1000 and prior to this all was working perfectly.

I read the TM1000 manual and of course it doesn't explain how to connect it to the 3GX. I was told by a hobby shop online help chat line to connect the TM100 data to the 3GX data however the APS Lite uses this port to communicate with the 3GX. So I was then told to connect the TM1000 data to the 3GX Batt/Aux Out port. Not good advice I guess as now the 3GX has no lights on and will not power up nor initialize nor bind nor anything else. It's dead in the water so to speak. On further reading I see others are plugging the TM1000 in to the 3GX bind plug. Whish I tried that first.

Is there something I do to revive the 3GX or did I fry it?

Tony

Staff member
When using the TM1000, you need to run a regular Rx. There are just not enough ports on the 3GX to allow it to work.

Twinblades

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. It must work some how because I purchased the 500 used and it was equipped with the 3Gx and TM1000. Unfortunately, I took it apart planning on running it with a Walkera receiver with the integrated flybar less gyro and did not take note on how the previous owner had it wired.

Twinblades

Since my last post I got my setup to work. (Align 500 DFC with a 3GX Ver 4.0, 2 satellite receivers, APS Lite and a TM1000 and DX9). The 3GX and APS Lite are wired as per Align's manual.

I connected the Data port of the TM1000 to the Bind port of the 3GX and connected a positive and negative wire from the motor battery to the Temp/Volt Port on the TM1000. You can bind the entire system 'normally' by just pressing the bind button on the telemetry unit, no hotwiring/swapping required. Now I get battery voltage telemetry information at the DX9, great. So now my question.

I have been told by an Align support tech that they have a pilot who is flying the same setup and getting altitude telemetry. Apparently from the APS Lite which has a GPS built in and is connected to the 3GX. I'm not getting any altitude nor any other GPS info.

Has anyone tried this with success?

rebelier

align 3gx in binding mode with two spektrum dsmx lost all lights. from this time all lights are off. 3gx semble don't turn on. do you have an idea. thanks for your help.i'm new on site and near from zero in english.

Tony

Staff member
If all lights are off, try only binding with one satellite at a time. And put the single satellite in port 2.

Matt

My guess is the ESC is plugged into the wrong port on the 3gx. I don’t know that setup but if the ESC is not plugged into the right port on the flybarless systems there will be no power to the flybarless system and no lights.

rebelier

before I put the binding plug all lights was ok all servos and corrections works fine .I connected the bind plug because i had only one sat flashing and light not steady on. excuse me I don't understant how the site work.regards. I am 69 years old . the web and all sites are not my best think.

Tony

Staff member
Try binding with only one satellite in port 2 and see if it will resolve the issue.

rebelier

HI Tony my heli flight one half an hour before my issue. I had one sat wriht on an the other flashing .I plug the bind plug as is with the owner manuel an follow the book to connect all wire . I think I had one satellite working bad .the manual said for 700 size it need two sats.only one is good from 100 size to 450 size .when I view one flashing i grounded the machine and made bind mode and the 3 gx never light any led.thank you for your help.I hope to find a reset mode thank so mutch.

Tony

Staff member
I think you are missing my point. What I'm asking you to do is to plug one satellite in, into port 2 of the 3GX, and see if it is bound. If it is not, bind it to the Tx. Power everything down, plug in the second satellite (only one at a time) into port 2 of the 3GX and see if that one is bound. If not, bind that one to the Tx.

Once you confirm that both are bound, plug them both into the 3GX and see if they both light up solid. If they do not, after manually binding them one at a time, then it is likely that you have either a bad satellite or a bad 3GX. In all honesty, if you are flying something large enough to require two satellites, please bin that 3GX and get something better. And before you ask, just about everything out there is better than the 3GX now days.

Top Bottom