FBL Gyro 3gx swash creeping when engine started

Hi was looking for some help i have just fitted 3gx v4 on a synergy n5 and there is swash creeping can anyone help as i am pulling my hair out

cml001

I can not... Not a 3GX guy.. Tony is the 3GX guru round here! He'll get w u soon I'm sure. But I did wanna say what's up cause u r the first I've seen on here w a synergy... U just get it or try'n a new fbl controller? How r u like'n it so far? Post up some pics bud!

sorry cant post vid and pics butwhen 3gx is switched on everything is fine swash is level, but when I start engine the aileron creeps down and some times the elevator goes forward or back but this is only when engine is idleing. when in the air it is stable

Tony

Staff member
This is caused by vibration. (and I'm not that much of a "guru" on the 3GX lmao). I would suggest doubling up your tape under it, or getting some kind of gel tape. I can't remember what it's called, but it's a greenish color and very soft. YOu have to run a zip tie lightly over the gyro to keep it from moving too much. And you will put fuel line over the zip tie to again, stop vibrations. I'm sure if Gaba gets on here, he can post a picture of his helicopter where he has done this.

Ah, it's called "Zeal Tape".

Derek

I've moved this thread to the Gyro's section of the forum.

Hi there, Davie! I'm afraid I don't anything about the 3GX. I'm still learning that gyro. However, Tony is recommending something that has been known as "The Milton Mod". It's a simple, and not real expensive, way to secure your gyro in place to help avoid vibrations...and I can imagine that there are tons of vibrations on a nitro heli.

Here is a link to "The Milton Mod" on Heli Freaks: The "Milton" Mod - The Ultimate Gyro Vibration Isolation System - HeliFreak

I see that you live in Scotand. Maybe you can find something that is similar to the "zeal tape."

Here is a link to A Main Hobbies, here in the states, that sells it: The "Milton" Mod - The Ultimate Gyro Vibration Isolation System - HeliFreak

Zeal tape is a very soft and spongey type of double sided tape. Simply add this tape to your helicopter. Install your 3GX. Then use a bit of rubber fuel tubing or rubber hose and zip tip the 3GX in place. I've done this same very mod on my 600e to hold my Ikon in place.

I hope some of this info helps you out. You also might want to look for Graham Lawrie around here on the forum. He's in Scotland.

Good luck buddy!!

Last edited:
hi guys thanks for all your input . there is no trims or subtrims on tx at all. will try and see if I can get some tape and try that. I am a ar7200bx man and have heard a lot of stories about 3gx

- - - Updated - - -

20140201_202451.jpgkrmfc.jpg

krmfc.jpg

20140201_202451.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If you put the BX on that bird, you will have NO issues at all. And now that they have put a Gov on Aux3, it's a perfect gyro IMO. Let us know if you fix your issue.

I have just taken off bx to put in my trex 700ndfc ts120 hehe. thought I would try 3gx cause you can get them for £45

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you can get them cheap. And for the price, it's an amazing gyro. You just have to get it off the ground quickly.

ye noticed it is very sensitive in takeoff if I could only get this creeping away it would be great as I am always trying to compensate for this creep

Top Bottom