450 3GX Sluggish Servo Movements

EastR84

I am getting closer to getting my bird in the air. I am doing DIR setup (per Tony's video, thank you) but for some reason my aileron/elevator (the two servos mounted next to the battery) respond -very- sluggishly to input from my tx's right stick, with very little travel distance up and down. However, when I move the left stick for throttle, all three servos move their full amount up and down. Using stock servos, AR6210 and DX6i. Any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
Re: DX6i and TREX 450 PRO V2 3GX

The two servos in front should be aileron on the right, pitch on the left and then there is the elevator in the rear. I do have to ask this so take no offense. Do you have the gyro in DIR mode? It's hard to get into this mode and if your not in it, you will make a movement and the gyro will wait before returning the servos back to center. In DIR though they should just snap back.

EastR84

No problem asking. This sluggish response happens both in DiR mode and in regular mode. I do have the gyro mounted on the bottom of the heli (same as your video) though in regular mode my two lights are both red instead of the one green and one red in your video. Also I am running 3GX v1.2 - not sure if that makes a difference.

Tony

Staff member

1.2 means it doesn't matter where the aileron servo is. It can be on the left or the right, but I suggest it being on the right. If you have it mounted on the bottom, make sure you go into the computer program and switch the antitorque setting (I think that's what it's called). It's just a little toggle switch so it knows it's up side down.

Is there any way you can post a quick video of what it's doing? This would give me a better understanding. Also, I'm going to put these into their own thread. I have a feeling we are going to fill this up and dont' want to jack someone elses thread.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to name it something different, just let me know and I will change it.

EastR84

Tony thanks for the advice and new thread. Here's a video which hopefully sheds some light on the situation. Couldn't directly upload, so here's the link :

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam

I see you have the dx6i where is your Rx. all i see is two sat rec which will not work with 3gx and dx6 but i couldnt tell if that was an rx on the one side or not

- - - Updated - - -

Ok nevermind it was in your first post lol

stokke

I would consider that perfectly usable as well.

Have you done your pitch settings yet?

stokke

Sounds good.
If you're a newbie, I'd lower that to maybe 9 deg.

Then do the DIR and tail set-up.
Check for correct FBL correction.
Slap on some training gear, and try a hover ;)

stokke

Is that a mechanical adjustment or a radio adjustment? (deg of pitch)

Radio - you do it in your "Swash Menu".

Find the function called "SWASH MIX".
By default, the PITCH is at +60.

Decrease the PITCH value.
What's now happening, is that your collective pitch is decreasing.
For ex. you can decrease the value to +40 ~this translates to maybe +9 and -9.

You see?

You should have the pitch gauge mounted when doing this.
Carefully decrease the PITCH value until you reach the desired pitch.

----

The AILE and ELEV values should also be adjusted.
On 3GX these are supposed to be 8 deg.

Tony

Staff member

Also I am running 3GX v1.2 - not sure if that makes a difference.

This was in post number 3 Adam. Should answer your question. Pitch on cyclic is not as much of an issue on this version. However I do still suggest 8º on ail and ele no matter what.

Top Bottom