FBL Gyro 3GX Setup Part 1 Complete Initial Gyro Setup

Tony

Staff member
It's finally here, the first video in the 3GX Setup Series. In this video, I walk you through every step in the gyro setup process that you can do on the gyro its self without plugging it into the computer. This will get the gyro where you could put it in the air. But more videos are going to come and will go into more detail on the computer setup. And yes, they are better than the 450 setup videos for this gyro. I kind of skimmed over this part, sorry about that.

Ken Jackson

Tony,

Are there default values already set up for roll rates, end points, swash dampening and acceleration? I hooked up to my laptop and there are settings in there already for those items, but I don't want to test hover until I'm sure it is set up with a good starting point.

stokke

Not a beginner, as a matter of fact you gave me good comments about my video a few days ago. Here is the link again. Judging by my flying style should I go with the default settings or maybe crank it up a little?

Aaaah yes. I'm sorry :D I've been on this forum too long, so I'm not able to remember everybody.

Yes I saw your video, and you are doing great. But let me ask you this:

Can you hover stationary inverted?

If yes, then go on and up the rates a bit. But if no, keep practicing until you can. There is no point in making the bird harder to handle if you are still in training on other stages of the learning curve. Don't rush it, that's all :D

Ken Jackson

I appreciate your comments. I just started holding an inverted hover, so I'll just leave the settings at default. I was worried it might not roll quick enough for the way I'm flying.
Ken

Westy

LEGEND
I still have not got the nerve to stay inverted for too long ... the whisper of the "that is nearly 2 grand of parts flying up there - FLIP IT BACK OVER BEFORE YOU TRASH IT!" - keeps repeating itself in my head haha

Tony

Staff member
The stock values is where I would start if I was at your skill level. Go up about 4 mistakes high and hold full elevator and see how fast it flips. Then do the same for elevator and again for rudder. If you want it to flip faster than that, then up the rates. If you think it's too fast, then lower the rates until you like what you are seeing from the bird. It's all about personal preference in that part of the setup, just like with DR/Expo. I can give a starting point, but it's up to you and the bird to figure out what matches your style.

Top Bottom