3GX Setup Guide Part 1 Mounting & Wiring

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

3gx Setup Guide Part 1 Mounting & Wiring

In this video, i will show you how to mount your 3GX gyro as well as how to wire it up with or without a Rx attached to it. For you 6ch guys and gals out there, you MUST use the included wires with a 6ch Rx in order to make the rudder gain adjustment work. For you 7+ channel peeps, channel 7 is your rudder gain, and channel 5 is your Gov gain.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

brybrydeee

Re: Article: 3GX Setup Guide Part 1 Mounting & Wiring

how do you bind it if i have two satellites connected on 3gx.. any pre settings on the tx? i have dx6i thanks

- - - Updated - - -

how do you bind it if i have two satellites connected on 3gx.. any pre settings on the tx? i have dx6i thanks

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, if you are running a DX6i, you must use a separate Rx such as the AR6210 with the 3GX. When you run only satellites, your gyro gain channel is 7 (aux2) and the DX6i doesn't have an aux2 channel.

brybrydeee

Unfortunately, if you are running a DX6i, you must use a separate Rx such as the AR6210 with the 3GX. When you run only satellites, your gyro gain channel is 7 (aux2) and the DX6i doesn't have an aux2 channel.

thanks Tony, Uhmm I have Ar6210 and a satellite,how could i bind that? i followed your 3gx videos and the only thing that im stuck is the binding process. Could you tell me how? thank you.

Tony

Staff member
You will connect it up with teh single wires that came with the gyro. This is covered in video 1 in the 3GX setup guide. From there, you will just bind the Rx to the Tx as usual. Place the bind plug into the Rx, turn on the Rx (make sure your motor has at least two wires unplugged) and you should have a rapidly flashing light on the rx and satellite. Now, pull the bind switch on the DX6i and hold it as you turn on the Tx. The lights on the Rx and sat should start flashing slower. Once the lights go solid, it's bound. Pull the bind plug out and proceed with the 3GX setup. Hope this helps.

brybrydeee

You will connect it up with teh single wires that came with the gyro. This is covered in video 1 in the 3GX setup guide. From there, you will just bind the Rx to the Tx as usual. Place the bind plug into the Rx, turn on the Rx (make sure your motor has at least two wires unplugged) and you should have a rapidly flashing light on the rx and satellite. Now, pull the bind switch on the DX6i and hold it as you turn on the Tx. The lights on the Rx and sat should start flashing slower. Once the lights go solid, it's bound. Pull the bind plug out and proceed with the 3GX setup. Hope this helps.

awesome it worked! you dont know how thankful i am.. Thanks again. (sorry for being a newbie)

Tony

Staff member
No reason to apologize, it's my pleasure. No one knows what they don't know until they know it.

Tim Claiborne

when i plug the 3gx it lights up and the lights flash like in the videos but both lights are solid red not green, red. i made sure everything is working i spooled it up and all the servos are working. I did get it used and the other person took it off a working heli

Tony

Staff member
The reason the status light is red is because your tail gyro is in Rate mode. Let me know what Tx you are using and I will try to help you get the green status light. The Gov light, red is the governor off, green is governor on. If you are on a heli that doesn't use a governor, then you need not worry about this light.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I have no idea about anything on that Tx. But your gyro will be on channel 5. That is where you will adjust the tail gain and get the green status light. And you did remove the flybar head and put on a flybarless head, right? Just making sure.

Tim Claiborne

ok i haven't gotten that far to change anything in the tail gyro may have been the other person settings. I just plugged it in to make sure I everything was working

Daniel Kaminski

Could You tell us (or make a video of) how to connect wires into 3GX if I do not plan to use a standard receiver but I only intent to use one (or two) satellite receivers. Especially I'd like to know, where in 3GX to plug the wire, which is going out of the ESC (white red black wire). Do I need to put it into a "THR" port or into a "BAT" port?
Otherwise, I have a 7 channel radio, Spektrum DX7s.
Manuals are not clear enough for this connectivity method, so I also wonder, if I chose that option, do I also have to use another battery to plug it into 3GX's "BAT" port. I don't quite understand this.
The bird is T-Rex 450L Dominator 6S, with all standard combo machinery and electronics.

PS: if not video, ad least photos would be great, since we can also see how the wire colors are sorted, when properly connected)

Thanx,
Daniel.

Tony

Staff member
The wire coming out of the ESC will be plugged into the THR port. The 3GX will accept power from any port on the gyro, so plugging the ESC into the THR port will provide power to the gyro. Don't worry about the Batt port under it. And no, you will not need a separate battery. Your ESC will provide the power to the ESC to power not only the 3GX and satellites, but also the servos. The ESC is all you need.

The photo below should show you how to plug them in. Again, don't worry about that battery port.

3GX Pinout.jpg

attachment.php

3GX Pinout.jpg

Top Bottom