General 3gx rudder gyro setu problem

hi Tony, im Carlos from Chile, I have a trex 450 dominator with a devo 8s, which I could not fly because I can not change the settings in the 3GX gyro rudder setup, pressed the button for 2 seconds and entered (gyro nor/rev setting) and move the stick sideways but light does not change color, you know if it can be for some pre-processing shoddy or something else ..
i do the Flibarless setup adjust, but can not do changes in flight mode settings and rudder gyro setup
from already thank you very much ..

Tony

Staff member
Are you getting a flashing status light when you push the button for 2 seconds? Are you sure your wires from your Devo Rx are hooked correctly to the 3GX? Below is a picture of the wiring in case you need to check real quick..

3gx.jpg

3gx.jpg

the green light flashes, and my connexion servo is fine, in fact the rudder works well when you move the stick, the problem is in the settings requiring rudder for selection.

Tony

Staff member
If your connections are correct, and you are in setup mode and the servo works and is receiving the signal from the Tx, then the only thing that I can think of is a bad gyro. Have you tried reflashing the firmware or starting with a fresh setup in your Tx?

Tony

Staff member
Your questions are not a problem. We are here to help and I will do all I can to fix your issue.

When you received your 3GX, it came with a disk that you used to install the software on your computer. This software should match the version of firmware you have on teh gyro. Should be either 2.1, 3.1, 4.0 or 5.0. Make sure the software and yoru gyro have the same version number. In the software, with your 3GX connected to the computer, scroll all the way to the right to Firmware upgrade. Once you click on that it should ask you to verify a file. Click on the file that comes up and hit Upgrade, or whatever it says. That will reflash the firmware in your 3GX.

Watch the video below for more help with flashing the firmware. the video was done with 3.0, but it works on all versions.

3GX Setup Part 2 How To Flash The Firmware To Version 3.0 - YouTube

Tony tell you that the problem was that I had the rudder setting with a very low percentage in the transmitter, the connections I made there again and detect the problem. , Finished seting, now I have a new problem, the helicopter off the ground begins to wag his tail from side to side .. I would appreciate any ideas to fix

Tony

Staff member
A fast wag from side to side means your tail gain is too high. A slow wag means your tail gain is too low. But if you are still running 4.0, this is the root cause and you really need to either go to 3.1 if you feel you cna get it off the ground fast enough, or go to 5.0 which I think is the better choice. ,

Top Bottom