FBL Gyro 3gx Reverse

Hi,
How do you reverse the 3gx unit?I mounted it upside down in my Trex 450 but following the instructions is a pain since their English isn't the best.Do you have to write it or something?That is all I could find on the disk.

Tony

Staff member
You will need to go into the software on the computer and flip the little "switch". I can't remember what it's called, but it does talk about it in the instruction manual when you mount in position 1.

Where in the software all i can find is write and read no switch.Also, is it normal for the 3gx to take a little bit to level the swash after giving an input?I completed all the DIR mode stuff like elev limits.Also after i completed the rudder setup, how come the gyro doesn't correct the rudder when i move the heli?Is there one more thing after or am i just in the wrong mode?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it can take a second or so before the swash will level it's self again. You gave the heli an input and it's trying to move the heli to that location. If the heli is not moving, it will hold it for a while.

And the reverse for the position 1 gyro mount is something like antirotation or something. It's a virtual switch in the program. I want to say it's on the rudder setup menu, but not 100% sure on that. Right now, I'm fighting the forum trying to clear up some issues that have hit us in the last few days.

Okay so i found the switch but it still wont compensate when i turn it on.The head will but not the tail.The only time the tail will compensate is when I put it the mode to check for correct compensate direction.

Okay tail is now working but when i give rudder input the servo is way too sensitive.It go to how far the end point adj. is and just stay there.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It will do that! You have to get it in the air to see if you have tail wag or not to adjust the gyro!

Okay does anyone else get this problem.When i set the end points I push it left stick and after two seconds it will flash red like its supposed too.But after that it goes right by itself and doesn't stop.It just keeps going and bends the rod a lot.Oh and is the tail susposed to follow the collective pitch?Is their a tail setup guide somewhere on this forum.Something like stokke's fbl head setup but for tail?It would be great if you could post the link.

Well i watched the whole series before.Nothing on tail or head locking.I set up the end points exactly how he did except with an aurora 9.As soon as I increase collective pitch my rudder go max throw to turn the heli counterclockwise.THis only happen with throttle hold on for some weird reason.

- - - Updated - - -

And why doe the rudder follow with the collective/throttle?

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the whole series and nothing on head or tail locking.Nor did it say why the tail followed collective/throttle.I followed how he did the epa on the tail and mine still freaks out.It just goes max throws either way when I input once.When I increase the collective from the bottom just a little it goes max throw to turn the heli counter clockwise.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony will be on her in a few hours he should be able to help. All so Stokie has a series on the 3 gx. Can't find it at the moment but he should also be on in a few hours so be patient, I'm shure the will help!

Found the problem finally.****.I had revolution mix on which I had no idea. Musta turned it on while messing with my radio.

- - - Updated - - -

Just one question. Why is the rudder the only channel not proportional?

Top Bottom