FBL Gyro 3GX range test

Lillyryan

When i range test the 3GX with signal drop depressed on JRDSX9 transmitter at 30 yards away the 3GX is browning out and all lights are blinking. The two dsm2 sats are staying bound fine. i can walk 70 yards without button depressed and all is fine. Do you guys think this is ok? Another chap at our club says his JR tx acts the same at 20 yards but he has had no issues.

Slobberdog

I might get stick for this, but hey ho

I have never done a range test,

guys on here are running Spektrum on fpv and going a good way away so my flying to a max of 150 yards is going to be fine, well that's my opinion,

Danie Dup

Personally I would not risk flying if the range check fails. I had a similar issue with my new 2014 Dx6. I flew my 550 last weekend and lost control for a second or so not too far away from me. I got the heli back and landed safely. I then went up with my 500 and lost control over the exact same spot. Also managed to get heli back and landed safely. I then did a range check and got only about 22-23meter signal while spektrum suggests 30mtr for the new dx6. Flying with a weak signal could end up in tears and I was lucky.

I have been flying at the same field for quite some time with my older dx6i and never had any issues. The range check on my old Dx6i also comfortably exceeds 30mtr and I am sending the radio back for the antenna to be checked. Losing one aircraft could comfortably exceed the cost of a receiver and or new radio, and if they claim not to find any problem on the radio I will donate it back to the hobby shop where I bought it and go and watch when one of them risk flying their aircraft with it.

Slobberdog

and there in you just proved my point,

You either done the range check and then flew anyway, twice, and had issues

Or you done a range check post having an issue,

So why, yes you now know you have diminished range and your acting on it but if you knew you had diminished range and still flew what was the point of the range check in the first place,

Top Bottom