250 3gx Or ?

I watched your clip does anybody still fly a 3gx. I came to a decision and that fortified it. I had bought a few used helicopters a couple 450s in which I've been trying to program one has the Turnigy gyro the other one has a 3gx which I tried to fly today if that's what you want to call it. The other was a T-Rex 250 Pro super combo kit it is all built except for the gyro is not installed it has a brand new 3gx Gyro in the Box. I have bought a micro icon for one of them 180s I am building but now I decided I want to put it in the 250 have you ever made a video on how to do that

Tony

Staff member
The 3GX is still a good gyro, you just lose some features because you have to go back to V2.1 to get a completely stable version. 3, 4, and 5 all have their downsides, but 2.1 is by far the best for a beginner.

As for the micro ikon in a 250, I have never done that. I do not own a 250 nor do I want to and I don't own a micro ikon either.

Admiral

I owned three 3GX's and eventually replaced them after too many unexplained crashes, may have been dumb thumbs by why did I only Dumb Thumb the 3GX models.

I now have AR7200BX, BeastX Plus, iKon and one K-Bar they all work fine I particularly like the iKons set up is easy and can be done from your phone using BT.

murankar

Staff member
The micro ikon will fit up to a 325me blade /airframe. It may even work up to 380 me blades. You will need the servo adapters for the bigger servos.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm a fan of the AR7200BX and the AR7300BX. They're easy to set up and they just work fine for me :).

leedude1

I'm with D.O.G I really enjoy the AR7200BX and AR7210BX.

Just purchased a used 550e and it has a 3gx on it.. first thing I did was get a AR7210BX to swap it out.

In short, if your good with the 3gx , leave it..but it is an older gyro and if funds allow I would go with any of the others we'be mentioned above.

Just from the perspective of protecting your investment I would say it would be money well spent.

I have the 3gx I'm swapping out that will collect dust if youd like it as a spare your more than welcome to it .

Top Bottom