FBL Gyro 3gx or gpro

Isolation

Hi guys newbie here about to make his first heli and after a few months on a sim n research I plan on building a 450l dominator 6s kit but this is where my problem comes in one has a 3gx fbl n the other has a gpro and being new I don't want a fbl wipping me out off the bat with the kind of money u can sink into these =) and ive seen a lot of ppl having issues with the 3gx n I think that's a bummer since I would like to keep as many setting as I can in my tx and the gpro seems to have me set my tx to a 1servo knocking out a lot of settings so simple http://www.rc-help.com/images/icons/icon5.png is what one is best to go with will only be using it for about a month then I can afford to drop a beastx in the machine n ty for any input http://www.rc-help.com/images/icons/icon6.png

- - - Updated - - -

sorry about the links new here first one was the ? n second was a smilie face lol

Derek

I have a 3gx on my 450 Pro and it works really well. It's a bit daunting to set up, at first. I've got zero experience with the gpro but a lot of people talk highly about the ease of setup. If it were my decision...I'd go with the gpro.

Tony

Staff member
GPro ALL THE WAY! Take "3GX" and remove it from your vocabulary if you have an option. Better yet, if you can talk to those selling, and trade for a Bx or Ikon, or just not get it with teh gyro, you will once again be money ahead. Many people have experience with the AR7200BX and the Ikon, but almost no one has had a gpro. But, as Derek stated, the gpro is supposed to be really good. And the interface on teh computer is much better than the 3GX. Crap, I just reminded you of that 3 letter word after telling you to forget about it. So, forget about it, again lmao.

And there is an icon on the left side of the reply box with a red X on it, what that does is removes any formatting in the text. I'm guessing you pushed that button. If not, I have some looking to do so let me know :chuckles: :biggrin1:

Oh, unless you just right clicked on the icons and copied the URL. All you need to do is left click them to insert them.

Derek

kk ill go with the gpro till I drop in the beast and ty all for the feedback

Rock on buddy! I've heard a lot of good things about the gpro and I think it will be a great gyro for you until you are ready for the beastx. Good luck!!!

bbj

I have to agree with what's been said. The gpro is a great unit and is their latest gyro. What I have seen is have stopped using the 3gx in their Align models. If you see an add for a 450L with 3gx its an older model. From what I hear the Gpro is a good unit but as Tony said when your ready go with the beastx, AR7200BX or iKon. I decided to switch both my 500pro which came with the 3gx and my 550L which came with Gpro to the iKon. Good Luck.

Top Bottom