FBL Gyro 3GX memory loss?

Graham Lawrie

Hi Guys, With the persistant rain fall i decided to work on my Trex 450 pro v2 3GX. When i powered up it was as if it had lost the memory of my settings?

It has been sat a couple of months while i built my 600. I then operated the sticks and it was as if everything had changed. I started to go through the set up completely again from setting a new model onwards.

I got to checking for the "odd man out" in the servos, and struggled for a bit to try and store some normality to them.

I am going to do it again at some point today, but if elevator is working correct, aileron and pitch work together? When i reverse, or get aileron and pitch working elevator reverses?

I never got as far as the tail end points, but already i can see they to are wrong(reversed).

Anyone come accross this with 3GX before?

Westy

LEGEND
Eeproms dont usually Lose thier data ..... however it can happen.

Did you reset the Tx from scratch too?

As long as you get them all working together up or down on collective movement ... (Do not be concerned with whether it is correct with your stick movement....( Just do your servo reverses to get them all working in unison up... or Down) ... Then you can go into you Swash Menu and get your "operations" working the right way around.

Hope I have understood your question correctly?

Graham Lawrie

Eeproms dont usually Lose thier data ..... however it can happen.

Did you reset the Tx from scratch too?

As long as you get them all working together up or down on collective movement ... (Do not be concerned with whether it is correct with your stick movement....( Just do your servo reverses to get them all working in unison up... or Down) ... Then you can go into you Swash Menu and get your "operations" working the right way around.

Hope I have understood your question correctly?

Hi Westy, Through work i am familiar with eprom cards on PLC systems and i have seen them lose information during electrical storms then have to enter parameters manually.

I understand what you say and will try it during my set up. I think i have done this. All moving together ok. Just thought it was unusual? More concerned about Jesse,s statement that it is dieing? it is only just over a year old?

Tony

Staff member
Jesse hates the 3GX. I think his burned up and took, I think, a Rx with it, or a servo. Lots of issues he had with his 3GX.

heli-maniac

Mine died right after uploading the 3.0 to it and yes it took out both sats at the same time
had 2 flights on it before the upgrade to 3.0 0 after

Graham Lawrie

Hi Guys,
More confused now:) I switched it on and everything was ok?? I followed Tonys 3GX how to, tail needed reversed, set the limits and changed delay light to red for small helicopter and BAZINGA!! all seems fine now. CONFUSED.COM

All i need now is flying weather:)
Both 450 and 600 eating away at my mind now for a flight opportunity!!

Battery charging time and look to the skys and pray, our father who art in heaven give me dry weather:)

Westy

LEGEND
Mine died right after uploading the 3.0 to it and yes it took out both sats at the same time
had 2 flights on it before the upgrade to 3.0 0 after

I wonder if you had a USB power surge (Failing PC Power Supply) that upset it when you upgraded it?

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to double and triple check that tail. Move your stick and make sure your tail is moving in the correct direction. Then, with the gyro active, push the tail physically and make sure it's correcting in teh correct direction. Best explanation I have found is at the link below, provided by Lee.

Gyro & Tail servo Direction Set up

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sometimes it happens to gyros

It's not uncommon. Yes I am not a 3GX fan. But that's not the solution... Me thrashing it won't help ..

Even my beastx once lost my subtrim for the elevator servo just out if the blue. Yes even particular settings

1000 reasons... Static inside the system making that setting disappear. I Donno .... Ghosts... But it happens!!! :) even happens to commercial epld or eeproms... Rare but happens :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Graham Lawrie

Make sure to double and triple check that tail. Move your stick and make sure your tail is moving in the correct direction. Then, with the gyro active, push the tail physically and make sure it's correcting in teh correct direction. Best explanation I have found is at the link below, provided by Lee.

Gyro & Tail servo Direction Set up

Hi Tony, All fine,and that is one thing i always check, thanks to Lees pictures and explanation, but you covered the same thing in your how to video. It is thanks to both of them that i was able to see that it was wrong. It is so simple for me to see if you push left and it follows left then it is wrong:)

And it is still raining:(

Slobberdog

Gee wiz bro, weather forecast looks miserable for you for the next five days or so, glad its sunny down here, not like you have up there.

Graham Lawrie

Watching the news and houses of parliament in blue skys, pishing down in Scotland:( On the plus side, 450 ready to go, Phoenix time on the increase:)

Top Bottom