Pauljones1

H,

I would like to ask a couple of questions please

I have a trex 450 pro with a 3gx fbl unit running v3

I have set collective pitch to +13 and -13, 0 in middle in dir mode

Set 8 degrees of collective In dir mode

Now these are the questions

When in flight mode

1.I have about 13 degrees of cyclic pitch not 8 that I set is this right?

2. When I move my aileron or elevator I get about 25% of movement on sticks but full movement on my servo so dead on stick after 25% movement on sticks I don't get this with my fbl mcpx bl. The only way I can get to get full stick movement is my lowering dual rates by alot or reducing swash mix alot after dir is this normal?

Many thanks

Paul

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Answer to the second part is that flybarless sustems ... Like the 3gx beastx and all others even your mcpx ( where the mcpx activates its control loop when there is actual throttle applied. On the bench it's one to one with no "fbl" active), all are not a one to one response any more.. That's why it's said never to use trim on the radio on a fbl system (some DONT even like subtrim) cause like a flybarred bird would stop where your stick is proportional to what radio input is, the fbl system runs in a loop ... It'll keep adding an input until the servos max.. So "one bit" movement on flybarred heli will be say 1degtee movement for example... And in a flybarless heli is 1degree +1degree+1degree.... till you keep holding that one bit input. So it's a non proportional system...
Hope that made sense :)

The first question:: I think you asked this before, but like I said there, when measuring did you have mid stick on the radio (collective 0)

Second, never ever measure pitch cyclic or collective or anything with a control loop on. The whole point of giving a DIR menu is that the control loop is off and you can get true values. With control loop you are going to see values related to how fast the 3gx wants to implement the change so it might add some input to it depending on the algorithm and fine tune settings ... Which you don't have to worry about.

So if in your DIR setup you have 8 degrees of cyclic, and 13 degrees of positive and negative then you are good....

Remember this for any fbl system that you'll use in the future these basics things apply to any fbl system :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Pauljones1

Hi and thanks for the reply

Second part made sense first didn't lol

So is it right not to be proportional out of dir mode unlike my mcpx

Thanks

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hi and thanks for the reply

Second part made sense first didn't lol

So is it right not to be proportional out of dir mode unlike my mcpx

Thanks

Yep :) it's ok for it to be that way :)

All it meant is the fbl gyro doesn't proportionally follow your sticks it keeps adding that input rather than stopping with the stick (on the radio)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My servos get to full extent way before stick ends lol

Exactly... A flybarless system will keep adding your input and won't stop with your sticks.... A little input on your sticks could translate to a full deflection on your servos

Top Bottom