FBL Gyro 3Gx gyro heading hold

Splot

It appears to be impossible to obtain heading hold on this 3Gx installed on a T-Rex 700. Gyro gain is installed on Aux 2. Tx is Spectrom. Dx10t and 2 satellite Rxs are used.
Gain is set at 75%. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have several other Helis (T-Rex 250,450,500 & 550) on which I have installed 3Gx problem free.

Graham Lawrie

Its strange as you have them on all your others that this does not work?

I have no experience with the DX10, but plenty with the 3GX. Have you tried turning the gain down ? 75 may not be the time it kicks in it could be a lot lower:)

Slobberdog

If you have the rudder reversed in the tx you will need to reverse the gain, so heading hold would be a negative figure,

Splot

Many thanks for all the suggestions although I had already tried them. This pm tried the Dx10 700 channel with several other 3Gxs with the same result . Then tried the 700 3Gx on the T-Rex 450 channel and everthing worked, so deleted the 700 channel then copied the 450 channel and renamed it 700. Went through the full setup procedure and every thing worked. I'd checked the Tx settings for all the other helis and there was no difference betwwen them and the one that wouldn't heading hold so I've been able to set up the 700 without solving the problem although I now know it is in the Tx. I've now got 7 helis on 3Gx.

Splot

The problem is definitely in the Tx but what it is I haven't a clue because I went through the settings for all my helis on it (the Dx10 is only used for helis as I can't fly fixed wing with a tray and use a Dx18 for these) and the only differences between the settings for the other helis and the one I was attempting to set was in servo direction, subtrims and swash.
As soon as I put 700 I was setting up onto one of the other channels heading hold worked.

Kyle17960

Hi there, my name is Kyle and I am new to the site. I found Tony's 3gx setup videos on youtube to help me set up the 3gx on a trex 700 gasser conversion I am building. I had everything set the way I wanted it and was ready to go for a test hover when I noticed I could not get from rate mode to heading hold mode. I know this worked earlier, the only thing I changed was I found that the governor should be in the AUX2 channel. I'm running an AR8000 receiver with the satellite, the TM1000 for telemetry info, and a DX9 transmitter. This has me very frustrated since I was ready for a test flight. I tried updating the software on the 3gx to V5 and then back to V4.1 and still the same problem. When i check the gain in the program no matter what I do it reads at 120. I have tried creating a whole new model and starting over in the transmitter, made sure i tried positive and negative values for the gain, tried reversing the channel, and also tried using AUX3. I am starting to think something went bad in the 3gx itself. Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom