FBL Gyro 3gx Fbl

Leonvdh

Hi Rc-Help

I have a 3GX FBL unit that I need some help with.
There are no LED's lighting up on the unit.
The unit appears to bind to my JR, looking at the satellite LED's thy do light up during binding.
After removing the bind plug and restarting the unit there are no LED's lighting up on the unit or the satellites.

The wiring is plugged in correctly.
Battery is full and correct voltage is supplied to the 3GX

Has anyone experianced the same problems?

Leonvdh

Hi I have a JR DSMJ.
What is very strange is that there are no LED 's coming on on the 3Gx . Only on the satellites in binding mode. Do you have any advice for me.

Tony

Staff member
What version are you running on the gyro? Have you connected it up to the computer to verify anything?

Leonvdh

Tony

NO, did not use my DSMJ satellites.
Used spectrum ones that come with the 550 DFC.

All good now following your instructions on youtube to setup the 3gx.

I have another question or two for you.

1. I am setting up y swash plat on the 550 DCF , the compete swash plat moves up and down in one straight line except on the very last bit up the alleviator pusses +- 1 mm more and coming down at the last bit it pulled 1 mm more.
How do I correct this?

2. Is blade pitch sent on my transmitter at the pitch curve setting to achieve +10 and -10 also using my pitch gauge to verify.

Let me just stay on thees questions for now I have lots more, but think it is better to just move slowly step for step.

As you probably know by now it is all vey new to me I only fly gliders.

Regards

Tony

Staff member
Ah, yea those satellites look very similar. Everyone has those moments lol.

1. It sounds like you have the aileron servo plugged into the elevator port on the gyro. That is what is known as Elevator Pre-Comp which compensates for the drag of the tail. It also sounds like you are on version 4+. Hope you have luck with those versions. I suggest 2.1 over any other version.

2. Pitch curve should be linear in your Tx setup. You should have a swash mix or just "swash" menu in your Tx that has 3 settings, Roll, Pitch, Collective, or it may be read as Aileron, Elevator, Pitch, with pitch being collective. You should adjust the Collective or Pitch to adjust your total collective pitch both positive and negative, and adjust the other two to achieve about 6º cyclic pitch on Roll and Pitch, or Aileron and Elevator.

And no worries. We all started knowing nothing about these things. The fun (for me) is in the learning. Hope this helps.

Leonvdh

Hi Tony,

Have version 5.0

Going to set the swash plat up level and correct firs than I will start on the 3GX unit settings.

Thank you

Last edited:

Leonvdh

Hi Tony,

Got the 3gx unit set up as per you youtube video, thanks
that was a briliant video.

I have a couple more question for you.

1. I have some creaping to the one side on the tail rotor when the heli is standing still it creeps to one side is this normal or did I stuff up on setup?
2. How do I set the heading lock on my JR ProPo 11x Zero, I do not understand the manual very well?
3. And then how do I set the Idel up 0, 1 and 2, do you have any videos on how to do that ?

Sorry for all the question I unfortunately do not have any experienced heli pilots to assist me.

Regards

Leon

Tony

Staff member
1. when you say "when the heli is standing still", do you mean hovering in one place in the air or sitting on a table?

2. You should have a Gyro menu much like I have in the DX8 and DX9. You will just set your channel to 5 and then adjust the gain either over 0 if you are -100to+100 or over 50 if you are 0to100. Hope that makes sense.

3. You will use your F-Mode switch and your throttle curves. The switch just tells the Tx what curve to use. And I have a lot of videos where I have done that setup, I will just have to watch them and find it within the video.

Don't worry about asking questions, that is what we are here for. Happy to help!

Leonvdh

Hi Tony,

Coming back the the question.
1. when you say "when the heli is standing still", do you mean hovering in one place in the air or sitting on a table?

The heli is standing on the table. then the tail rotor creeps to one side.

Tony

Staff member
If you set up a switch to flip the tail gyro into rate mode than back into HH mode, it will center the blades. If you are in HH mode, it is normal for the tail blades to creep to one side, usually trying to push the helicopter nose right. I always assign a switch so that I can center the tail blades before I take flight. Keeps the helicopter from spinning when you spool it up due to the tail not being straight.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not familiar with that menu system, but your pitch curve is okay being linear, but your throttle curve needs to be flatter to keep from kicking the tail out. And I don't know if your tail gyro gain goes from -100 to +100 or if it goes from 0 to 100. If you can go to -100, then set it at 45 to start, you will need to change this to dial in the tail. If you can only go to 0 as the lowest, then set it at about 65 and try it. I would set up one of those positions to center the tail blades though, and you do that by making one of the positions either less than 50 or less than 0 depending on which one you have. As for that second tail gyro gain menu, I don't know what that is. Never had a JR.

Leonvdh

Hi Tony,

Can you please give me an example of what you mean with throttle curve need to be flatter.
My Gyro gain goes from 0% to 150%

Tony

Staff member
0 to 150? So 75 is mid way?

And for example, these are my usual throttle curves. I also have an ESC that can do a good slow start, so keep that in mind.

Normal
0 65 65 65 65

IU1
75 75 75 75 75

IU2
95 95 95 95 95

You can also do a V curve as well if you want, something like 70 65 60 65 70. That will add a little power when you add collective to the helicopter.

But again, I do not have that Tx and the numbers seem quite weird to me. Maybe @Geena or @murankar can help out here. Can't remember if either of them have use JR in the past.

murankar

Staff member
I have experience with with openTX, Spektrum and Vcontrol. Vcontrol does not have a pitch or throttle control per say. Its a completely different system.

Leonvdh

0 to 150? So 75 is mid way?

And for example, these are my usual throttle curves. I also have an ESC that can do a good slow start, so keep that in mind.

Normal
0 65 65 65 65

IU1
75 75 75 75 75

IU2
95 95 95 95 95

You can also do a V curve as well if you want, something like 70 65 60 65 70. That will add a little power when you add collective to the helicopter.

But again, I do not have that Tx and the numbers seem quite weird to me. Maybe @Geena or @murankar can help out here. Can't remember if either of them have use JR in the past.

Thx Tony

Top Bottom