FBL Gyro 3gx Connectors

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to the helicopter section under FBL gyro's.

What do you mean "control connectors"? Are you needing the wires that go from the 3GX to a separate Rx?

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay. I do have a set of those wires, just not sure exactly where they are. If you have a set of servo crimpers you could make your own. You can actually just use a couple servo extensions if you have those. I have not seen any for sale on the internet in quite some time. But if you need them, I can start looking for them. PM me and we will chat.

Tony

Staff member
Along with the 3GX, everyone has discontinued this item. To help out, the part number is AGNHEP3GX02 for just the wire set.

Smoggie

The original Align part number for the cable set was 'HEP3GX02' but the 3GX has been out of production for years now so you will be lucky to find one in stock anywhere. The cables for most gyros are similar so you could probably use a set from another FBL. If using Spektrum satellite receivers you dont need the cables so there is a fair chance someone might have a set laying around.

Sorry, I seem to have duplicated what Tony has said already!. Your other option is to buy a a couple of satellite receivers, I use the ones from 'Lemon Rx' super cheap and super good!

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately with a 6ch Tx, you can't use satellites as the gyro gain is put on channel 7 when only using satellites. It's the only gyro I know of that changes the gyro port between a Rx and satellites.

Smoggie

Tony, Good point, i'd forgot about that little 'quirk'... Good old 3GX:rolleyes: You could get around it if using a modern Spektrum 7+ channel Tx that has assignable channel mapping, but if it's a 6 channel Tx then it's a no-go.

To be honest my best advice would be to use the 3GX as a paperweight and go buy a Kbar off eBay for $25. The Kbar comes with a set of wires and it's just a better FBL in every way.

len benner

well I found some servo connectors. got them hooked up after watching tonys video. where can I find out how to bind the 3gx?

len benner

I got it all working. I hade the power in polarity reversed. works great now. thanks. when I can I will post a picture of my complete hanger.

Top Bottom