General 3gx beeping constantly

topfade

My trex 450 with 3gx was originally set up by lhs pro connected and went well until a bad crash now everything is back together but when I plug in my battery a few beeps the head sets then 3gx wont stop beeping help me out want to fly

EyeStation

How bad was the crash? The gyros are pretty sensitive and delicate on the inside. A great enough shock can put them out of service, by either damaging the sensor, or overloading the electronics within.
Some are equipped with overload protection, which usually gives a visual or audible indication that OL has occurred. The process to reset those probably differs with each manufacturer though.
As for your 3gx, see if the manual has a section for Errors.

Tony

Staff member
In all my time playing with the 3GX, I have never once heard it beep. Are you sure it's the gyro, or I it the esc/motor?

Align ESC's will beep constantly when you first plug them in if you do not give a throttle input. Mine did at least. Try adding just a tad bit of throttle for a second and see if that stops it. A video would be best in this to show what exactly is going on with it.

topfade

Not finding anything on error message totally perplex working very hard on fixing this need any and all input I definitely will try it thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Adding the throttle not stopping it and it seems my servos are responding wrong that may have to do with the software update I just did on trans.Dont know enough yet to know but wont give up

Tony

Staff member
If you can, post a video of the issue. I would rather see a video than chase an issue that is completely wrong. Just want to make sure.

Tony

Staff member
That link doesn't work. Can you post the link to the youtube video? Just copy it from the URL bar as you are watching the video.

Slobberdog

The link don't work,

go into YouTube click share button then click copy link,

Come back in to your thread the click the video button and when the box pops up paste the link you copied in there,

Hopefully that will work

topfade

Ok , stopped the 3gx beeping dont laugh but the trim on the throttle was way to high. Heli would have started spooling if the gyro would've initialized. New problem is my swashplate is set and moves in the right direction if I tilt the heli up and down left to right but only moves very slightly in the direction so little that you have to really look to see it did move. All help to the new guy is needed because I'm not giving up on this and really want to understand and fly well

Tony

Staff member
When you were in DIR mode, did you set 8º of cyclic pitch? If not, you must do that so the gyro knows how much pitch it's giving.

Top Bottom