FBL Gyro 3G s.bus setup

Tony

Staff member
You didn't show any collective in that video (throttle stick), but I think I can help. First thing you need to do is reverse your aileron channel (right front when looking at it from the back). When you do this, your aileron and elevator both are going to be backwards, but the key here is to get them moving together.

Once you reverse the aileron servo, you should have a swash menu in your Tx somewhere that has 3 settings, Aileron, Elevator and Pitch. Aileron and elevator are the cyclic movements with all 3 working together when you move the right stick, and Pitch is your collective or throttle stick. This menu may be called Swash AFR. Let me know if this helps.

Hamcam

Ya that helped aileron is moving right and left together but opposite way. collective is moving down together.elevator is just being totally wierd. Im on 120HR3 . status light on 3Gx is red

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what 120HR3 is. Can you elaborate?

And the status light is red because you are in Rate mode for the tail gyro. You should have a gyro menu where you can adjust your gain. I believe with the S-Bus, your gyro gain will be channel 5, or Gear. But it may be different with Futaba.

If they are moving together but in reverse, then go into your swash AFR settings and reverse the numbers. On spektrum, I would go from +60 to -60 to reverse the movements.

Tony

Staff member
Not that I'm aware of. Might need Gaba or Lee to come in here. They are both Mac users.

Hamcam

K progress did afr reverse swash acting normal little twitchy but.. Im now working with 3Gx program moving forward whew!
thank you!!!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. Make sure you are in DIR mode when you are making adjustments to the head.

Hamcam

Stuck again. Here's video ha..
--THANKS [video=youtube_share;2dmxeF5CCKk]http://youtu.be/2dmxeF5CCKk[/video]

Tony

Staff member
I have to ask this. Are you sure your bolt going through the head block is actually going through the main shaft hole? Also, do you have your main shaft in the helicopter with the "Align" on the bottom?

If all of that is correct, I would double check the length of the rods against the manual just to verify they are not too short.

Hamcam

My measurements were a bit off on rods. I bought a micromiter and now they are as manual calls but still have -7.6 pitch at mid stick. I guess I will lengthen rods out more and see how close I can get to zero?

Tony

Staff member
Just make sure you still have enough threads in the link ends so they don't pull out when under a pulling load.

Hamcam

Question: why would my rudder move to a new wacked out position when I turn off thr. hold? Also my rudder is lightning fast way too fast.
Total nightmare continues :(

Tony

Staff member
T-Hold shouldn't have anything to do with the rudder unless you have the TH switch set also as your gain switch. Not sure what is going on here.

james vanwinkle

I have a s-bus question as well, but only as it relates to power. My heli is the Align 700e pro with HV servos, and the 3GX has only one port dedicated for power.
To ensure I get enough power to the servos, I would like to add another power wire to the 3GX, but don't know where it might plug into the system. Any ideas?

All of the 3GX ports are taken, except for the two multicolored ports on the end (used when the sbus is not used). These all seem to be signal wires, not part of the power backplane.

I plan to use an unregulated 2600 LiFe battery to supply the power.

Thanks,
jv

Tony

Staff member
If you are just going to run a LiFe battery, you don't need to run any additional wires. I'm running the Align 2in1 on my 600 which has the same servos as the 700 and I have never had an issue. I am pretty sure everyone on here is only running one power supply to the gyro.

Top Bottom