500 3g Fl-760.

Mark Dix

Hi
My mate has given me his T-Rex 500.
Could some one steer me in the right direction for the updated software download please. I have the interface.
It's a few yrs old but is brand new, I know there are better out there, but I want to use this for now until I get back into it after a lay off of 10 yrs.

Thanks Mark.

Tony

Staff member
I think that one is going to be a "run what ya brung" kind of deal. I looked and I did find a file, but no way in hell I would be clicking on that link. It looked very shady. I found nothing on Align's site and quite honestly, I have not seen the software for that gyro in quite a while. Hopefully you can find someone with a disk or something but other than that, I think you are stuck with what is on it. And be very careful with that gyro, they are not the most stable out there.

Mark Dix

I think that one is going to be a "run what ya brung" kind of deal. I looked and I did find a file, but no way in hell I would be clicking on that link. It looked very shady. I found nothing on Align's site and quite honestly, I have not seen the software for that gyro in quite a while. Hopefully you can find someone with a disk or something but other than that, I think you are stuck with what is on it. And be very careful with that gyro, they are not the most stable out there.

Thanks for the reply. Will suck it and see, but will take your advice and be carefully. I am not into 3d, just looping and rolling and some inverted. Can auto both left and right, but brain to slow for 3d.
So hopefully for my sedate style of flying it may be ok.
If I get on with it, I will buy a Beastx.

Tony

Staff member
The AR series (AR7200BX and so on) are perfect for those helicopters. IMO, Ikon is even better, but both work really well.

Mark Dix

Had a fly round his evening, I cannot believe how good this is for relatively old kit. Things have certainly moved on in 10 years. It just sat there in the hover hands off, didn't drift or anything just sat there waiting for me to do something. Nodded slightly so I turned down the gain, now perfect. Can't wait to go for a proper buzz round at the weekend.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that is awesome Mark! Definitely get some video on the next flight so we can see it in flight.

Mark Dix

Dude, that is awesome Mark! Definitely get some video on the next flight so we can see it in flight.
I went out again today. Smooth as silk, loops so straight I can't believe it. Tried a roll but it wasn't pretty, very poor, nose pitched up, but I think that was because I am rusty and was rubbish. Plus side is these little 500's auto great. My 450 just fell out of the sky and didn't auto at all. Good to be back flying.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, the 500 is the smallest helicopter that is 'easy' to auto. Unless you are Bobby 'Auto-Everything' Watts who can auto just about anything lmao.

Top Bottom