General 3d Inches Off The Ground

Matt

Does anyone know how those people on YouTube and such do 3D inches off the ground? Is it a matter of experience or are they doing something I am not doing? I'm able to flip and roll and fly inverted, but I have to be way up in the sky to do it.. Do I need to give the heli a quick positive pitch pump to first bring the heli up, then roll backwards, then give the heli a quick negative pitch pump to bring it right side up?

Geena

Staff member
It`s mostly experience, but there is some different technique involved too. You don`t necessarily have to be faster on the controls, just a lot more precise. I personally only fly like that when i`m doing a demo at an event, because it`s just not worth risking the helicopter to do that at the local flying field.

Matt

That’s exactly what I think it is. I think it’s practice and knowing where about the sticks need to be to get the desired result. I’m practicing more on the SIM lately and see some improvements. Nothing drastic but I’m improving over all

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Like Geena mention,"Hi Geena :)" it's experience. Experience comes with lots of practice and mind set to just do it. It's cool as hell and impressive but it does come with a cost. A simple OPPS and it will cost you money in the long run. It's fun once you get the hang of it and pull it off.

Geena

Staff member
Hi, D.O.G. :) Yes, it can be disastrous, for sure. That`s why I won`t do it unless I`m at a large even, and the parts trailer is there... LOL. Flying like that, causes things like this, to happen to your 700. I did this one at the beginning of the year, and I did the same thing to my NX7 at IRCHA 2017....doing a demo...LOL

20190824_092611.jpg

Rob Lancaster

I have the same problem. And that's way up there too. Sometimes the chopper is going so fast I just can't track it and up comes the ground, boom! Other that that I fly good. I like to come in and land behind the hedges on the side walks near the runway. (Eli Field) My new sim is good fun!

Top Bottom