Quad 350 QX Blade flyers beware!

kason

I like my 350 QX and fly it a lot. This past week I have had two crashes that where very similar, so I thought I`d let others know what to look out for. Both Days where beautiful, sunny and in the 80s. Very little wind, maybe 5mph at its best. I had a good GPS lock when I started out and every thing seemed great. I had been flying for about 5 minutes the first time and about 30 seconds the second time this happened. It was at to different locations too. The first the quad was about 10 feet up and flying slowly, I was attempting to land on my Hearse, next to my Metal shop. When the Quad was within 10 t0 8 feet of the shop it banked hard and slammed into the shop. Like a magnet had all a once drawn it in. I had no time to react. The sun was shining on this side of the shop. I mention this because I had flown closer to the other side of the shop earlier with no problem.
The second crash , again the sun was beating down on the side of this guys shop and when the Quad was within 10 feet it did the same thing Like a magnet had all at once grabbed it and pulled it with a lot of force into the metal building. Un real, in both , I was lucky after a complete inspection. I had only minor scratches, the camera went flying, I use a Mobius, no damage. I put it back in the air and it flew great as always. SO stay away from metal buildings, when the sun is beating on them. I don't get it do you?

Derek

My sisters boyfriend has a 350QX. He absolutely loves it! However, he has experienced similar issues. While flying around metal objects, the compass gets mixed up and just throws the quad around. He found this out after calling Horizon Hobby and speaking with them. Luckily there has been no damage to his quad.

But you are right....anyone flying this quad....stay away from metal objects while flying. Bad things happen!!!

kason

Thank you, I thought it was just me, at least now I know for a fact that it is the metal building that caused the issue, and I`ll stay away from them from now on. THANKS AGAIN.

Derek

No problem buddy!

it's a weird thing though....my sisters boyfriend will be flying around and doing very well but getting near a large metal object causes the quad to pirouette and just go nuts. Fortunately, he was able to just throttle out of the situation (altitude is your friend) and regain control.

So yes....do yourself, and your wallet, a favor...stay away from metal objects, lol.

Good luck with your continued flying!!!

Stambo

Another thing to be aware of is lipo warning buzzers.
The magnets in the little speakers are enough to upset a compass if you mount it too close.

wolfman76

Buildings must be throwing off a nice magnetic field... wouldn't flying near a power cable be about the same which I have done alot with my spider quad with no issues

UBAV1

Similar story but no metal buildings. I was to close to large metal Power poles, at least 40 yards away and it took a nose dive from 6 feet.

kason

Nothing like that big surprise! Here you are flying along having fun and then, wham out of nowhere you find your beloved quad hitting a metal object. That was not in your flight plan. OH what a thrill it is! Then the anticipation , how many pieces are going to be on the ground when you get to it, and where is my camera? It would have been nice to know this in advance, but that would have taken the fun out of it, YEAH RIGHT!:bolt:

Top Bottom